“Fantastic”

Sugar & Spice
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bringing a taste of the far East to the West Highlands of Scotland. Sugar & Spice is a warm and friendly family run Thai cafe tucked away at the West end of Fort William High Street. Driven by his love of Thai food, our Thai Chef Bow serves up Authentic dishes in our relaxed and informal atmosphere. Sugar & Spice is unlicensed, however you may bring your own bottle and enjoy your favourite wine with one of our delicious meals. Opening as a Thai restaurant in Summer 2012 we have fast developed a reputation for delivering quality, authentic Thai food at a good price.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me and my wife have been doing a trip around Scotland the past month and this was one of the establishments we encountered.

What a Treat, I initially had poor expectations. However we fancied something a bit different.

The place was empty when we entered. we were immediately seated and given menus and drinks ( Okay the menu is small and a bit samey).

the food was outstanding, Spring rolls, a spiced Thai chicken dish, followed by some home made cakes.

The decor was wonderful as well

There really isn't much more to say! 5 stars!

There are newer reviews for Sugar & Spice

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were surprised with the quality of the food in this restaurant considering the quality of the asian fare we have had in Scotland so far. To begin with a friendly couple who were also dining at the restaurant gave us both a glass of wine, as it turns out this place only has a BYO licence. The starter was vegetarian and was just like home made spring rolls, and the mains were spicy and strongly flavoured and fresh veges. We would recommend this place to anyone passing through Fort William.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Lovely cafe with great homemade cakes. Spacious setting, easily accessible with a wheelchair.
Very accommodating as they don't offer soya milk, but were more than happy to whizz up my own soya for a cappuccino!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'd heard that this was the place to have a good coffee in Fort William - and it's true! The cakes are nice too. I knew they opened up as a Thai restaurant from Thursday-Saturday in the evenings, but I lucked out and they had a fantastic Thai chicken soup for lunch. The staff are really friendly as well. I'd certainly pay them another visit If I'm ever in Fort William again. Recommended.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Friendly, freshly cooked food, green curry a bit hot for me, but we enjoyed the experience. Not a lot of choice on the menu, and no licence for alcohol.