“I love this wee restaurant, great food, great value and great atmosphere”
Review of Sugar & Spice

Sugar & Spice
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bringing a taste of the far East to the West Highlands of Scotland. Sugar & Spice is a warm and friendly family run Thai cafe tucked away at the West end of Fort William High Street. Driven by his love of Thai food, our Thai Chef Bow serves up Authentic dishes in our relaxed and informal atmosphere. Sugar & Spice is unlicensed, however you may bring your own bottle and enjoy your favourite wine with one of our delicious meals. Opening as a Thai restaurant in Summer 2012 we have fast developed a reputation for delivering quality, authentic Thai food at a good price.
London, United Kingdom
“I love this wee restaurant, great food, great value and great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Thank you Bow and Katy for providing us with yet another lovely meal.

I travel a lot in Scotland and I cannot tell you how important it is to me to find great, fresh, tasty veggie food. I would strongly recommend that everyone try the stir fry with basil, it is amazing. Plus we had the bonus of bringing our own wine, that made the visit very reasonable value. I love this wee restaurant and would recommend it to everyone visiting Fort William.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank yogawalk54

• Polish first
Keswick, United Kingdom
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wasn't expecting to find such a great place in Fort William. Fab cakes and beautiful coffee. Love the Thai food too!!!!!! Thanks to all the staff

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AvondaleGH
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Our 1st dinner at Fort William didn't disappoint us! Just by our door steps from Travelodge where we stayed.

Love the simple menu, a few starters & half a dozen choices of main courses ( all served with rice ). BYO wine is great too. We ordered red chicken curry & stir fry veg w chicken! The flavour is truly Thai! Yes, some may find it too spicy, but that's the authenticity!! We had to order extra rice to finish the yummy curry sauce, portion is very generous!

We wished there was something similar on our local high street! Wishing the chef the best of luck with business!

Visited July 2013
Gourdon, United Kingdom
“Flat white? No just flat...”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love my flat white coffee and when I saw it advertised on the board Nice one I thought. Only to be let down with a weak cold and watery coffee that could have come from a jar. I did take it back and say that it was advertised as a flat white, I was then made another coffee which was much the same but hot this time. We were also treated to some cold soup. Come on Fort William, if you want to compete with other destinations you have to step up to the mark. In New Zealand you get trained by a qualified barista before you are allowed to serve coffee to the public.

• Visited April 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Changed hands?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Went for our usual hot chocolate when we are up in Fort William. Seems to have changed hands but the staff say not. Perhaps will still go but our expectations of the place have dropped.

• Visited July 2013