“great coffee shop cakes good to”
Review of Sugar & Spice

Sugar & Spice
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bringing a taste of the far East to the West Highlands of Scotland. Sugar & Spice is a warm and friendly family run Thai cafe tucked away at the West end of Fort William High Street. Driven by his love of Thai food, our Thai Chef Bow serves up Authentic dishes in our relaxed and informal atmosphere. Sugar & Spice is unlicensed, however you may bring your own bottle and enjoy your favourite wine with one of our delicious meals. Opening as a Thai restaurant in Summer 2012 we have fast developed a reputation for delivering quality, authentic Thai food at a good price.
Reviewed May 1, 2012

hi we use sugar and spice (fired art old name) every day coffee is great nice suroundings great cakes and the west tailand way menu is fantastic simply the best

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Coffee from here used to be a great experience when it was Fired Art. Regrettably to be told that I should be happy with a boiled milk coffee (takeaway) for £1.69 "as that is very cheap", is not good enough. Better coffee is now available from a local supermarket.

1  Thank caldyl
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had a cappuccino, a hot chocolate with all the fluffy bits and a flat white (for me!)
I'm always pleased when I see this on the menu as it's my favorite kind of coffee. Unfortunately it is often served as a latte which it was here. It's odd because latte was available as an option so it's not at all clear how they differentiate between the drinks. Anyway, if I'd wanted a latte I'd have ordered one, I didn't. My flat white was far too milky and lacked the texture I'd associate with a flat white. I asked for an extra shot of espresso in it so that it at least tasted of coffee and this was done with no fuss. The cappuccino was ok and my daughter liked the hot choc with marshmallows and crushed malteasers but I'd avoid the flat white!

1  Thank dingwam
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went here for a change on our last day as it's a little way away from the tourist gift shops and other cafes and restaurants - only regret is that we didn't try it earlier. Great place for families as well as anyone else on holiday in Fort William. The prints, mainly landscapes were lovely and the atmosphere friendly and laid back. Nice to find somewhere reasonably priced too.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

After being told we couldn't bring kids into a bar unless we ate a full meal we headed for Sugar and Spice (new name). The service was excellent and tailored towards kids. We were asked if we wanted kids' milkshakes which came in plastic cups with cut down straws. There were things for the kids to play with and the loos were set up for little ones with a change table, a tree in one corner and legs descending from the ceiling! Friendly staff told us how to find the supermarket and my son declared that their homemade carrot cake was 'the best in the world'. V good experience on a very rainy day.

1  Thank tamsin2828