“"Terrific"”
Review of Braeside House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Braeside House
Ranked #7 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“"Terrific"”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well I think it's all been said before but I will add my two h'apporth!
Aileen and Paul are a great couple who will go the extra mile (or hundred) to make sure your stay is as smooth as it can possible be.
They have a lovely, comfortable, spotlessly clean house which has everything you could possibly want (great wi-fi!), the rooms are bright and airy, comfortable beds and ....... breakfasts to last you hours, - fresh fruit, yoghurt and any variation on the "full Scottish", delicious pastries, wonderful home made bread, oooo, I could go on.
Wish we could have stayed longer - that says it all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elissel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Auckland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Well this was a great place to stay, everything is top notch, easy off street parking, and lovely rooms, the one we had looked out over the lake and would be the choice if availabe. The hosts were lovely people to deal with, very friendly and we shared a wee dram with Paul. It's an easy walk into town for shopping / pubs / or the Jacobite train, not quite so easy on the way back as there's quite a few stairs to climb, but a short cab ride. We would definitely return should we be in Fort William again

Room Tip: Choose the lake view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hagar99
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I accidentally left behind a jacket, and discovered it missing when I returned to the States.

I emailed Braeside. They promptly confirmed that they indeed were holding the jacket for me. I gave them my States address, and offered to pay shipping.

They put it in the mail, and it soon appeared on my doorstep. They graciously declined my offer to pay shipping.

Even a 5-Star hotel would not have shown this level of friendliness and courtesy. I was most impressed. They have a First Class B & B too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Glenn B
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Everything about this place is top notch. Paul and Aileen were more than helpful with every question. We stayed two nights and would have liked to stay longer. The location is the best overall for exploring Western Scotland, and both Paul and Aileen are a font of information regarding this. We might be biased in that they share our interests of birding and hiking (walking). The breakfast was the best of our ten day trip, and we had several good breakfasts this trip-in fact both breakfasts were amazing. We hope to return some day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Outdoorfolks
kent
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Have just had a three night stay at Braeside House. Good location being just a ten minute walk to the town or a two minute drive with easy parking at Morrisons supermarket car park which is also next to the bus and train station. Very nice en-suite room with great views. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts Aileen and Paul to ensure a comfortable stay, including any special diet needs such as gluten and dairy free. They were also very good at suggesting the best places to visit as there is so much in the area to see.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kensaway
Bonnyrigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I stayed for one night June 29th after climbing Ben Nevis. We agree with all previous reviews. The hosts were very welcoming. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was outstanding. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone staying in Fort Williams.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dina1817
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night and were given the warmest welcome we could have wished for. The room, the view and the breakfast were top notch! Aileen and Paul are lovely people and made the last day of our holiday very memorable :)

• Stayed June 2013