“Brilliant B&B with gorgeous view five min from town centre”
Review of Braeside House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Braeside House
Ranked #7 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
“Brilliant B&B with gorgeous view five min from town centre”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We've been in Scotland six times and have stayed at a number of good B&Bs, but this little gem tops them all thanks to the owners Paul & Aileen. They went out of their way to make our stay as smooth and comfortable as possible. They even put on our favourite music for breakfast (Runrig) ; )! Thank you so much, you're lovely! Peter and Carita, Sweden

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Only stayed for one night but cannot fault this accommodation and more importantly the service Aileen and Paul provide. They were so welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The view from the property is stunning and an ideal location being a short walk from the centre. The room was lovely, clean and breakfast was superb in the morning looking out over the stunning view. The welcome and service provided by Aileen and Paul cannot be faulted in any way. Very highly recommended. Definitely 11 out of 10!!

• Stayed May 2012
Culver City, California, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I only spent 2 nights in Fort William, and booked just a few nights ahead. I was fortunate to get into Braeside House. Paul and Aileen were most friendly and accommodating - they even picked me up & dropped me off at the bus & train stations to save me the walk up the hill!

The house is well located on a quiet street above the town, with gorgeous Loch views from the breakfast nook and patio.

The room was spotless and very comfortable, with a lovely tea & biscuit selection. I was not wanting for a thing during my time there. I do hope to return to Fort William to take advantage of more area activities and outings. If I do, Braeside will be my first call!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anna S
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hi Susanne. Two days is not long enough to explore the Lochaber area. We are so fortunate to be in such a gorgeous area and are always happy to hear our guests lovely stories of their experience of the Highlands. It was no problem picking you up and I was so happy to do so.
If you do ever return again from the States we will be very pleased for you to come and stay with us.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Fort William after we climbed Ben Nevis. We were made extremely welcome and I was stunned by the gorgeous view of Loch Linnhe from our room. It's such a warm, homely place to stay and Paul and Aileen were the best hosts you could ask for. The breakfast in the conservatory was fab and they remembered my lactose intolerance and had lots of dairy free options for me. They were so genuine and friendly and even gave us delicious muffins for our climb! The B&B really is a home away from home and in a central location. We will definitely return.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clodagh b
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Paul and I are so pleased that you enjoyed the views from the house and found our humble home a warm, homely place to stay. We always like to ensure that we cater for all our guests dietary needs, breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it is important that you have the food that makes you happy. Particularly when you are just about to climb Britain biggest mountain. We hope you will return soon, after all you are only just down the road. Don't forget that you are entitled to a discount.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2012

There's service that you just can't buy. I recently stayed at this B&B and everything was superb. The rooms themselves were very comfortable. Paul & Aileen were great hosts - breakfast most enjoyable & nothing was any problem. good location only 5 minutes away from town centre and all this for a great price. Definately great value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms exellently presented - remember it's Paul & Aileen's house too you'le be m...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth C
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hi Bizzie, thank you for your lovely comments. Paul and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and we fulfilled your needs. We were particularly pleased that you trusted us with Bailey, he was a darling and no problem at all.
Essex
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband Andy and I stayed for 5 nights in March at short notice. We were made very welcome and Aileen and Paul did everything in their power to make our stay comfortable. They did a great job. It was very clean, good location, great breakfast, especially the eggs benedict. The view from our room was also breathtaking. Highly recommended, well done.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Purplemartina
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hi Martina & Andy, firstly let me thank you for your kind words about your stay with us here in Braeside House. Secondly a big big thank yo for our rock, my favourite as well. We are just so upset we missed Andy when he came by. I hope his trip went well with his friends. The little wooden sheep he found was really cute, as it has no owner I have adopted it. We look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Tom, Myself, my sister Bizzy & her dog Ballie and friend Dawn stayed for 1 night on our last leg of the West Highland Way.
After arriving a bit bedraggled and receiving a warm welcome, we could not have been made more welcome by Paul and Aileen. You could not meet a more genuine couple and we knew we would have a great last night in Fort William. A real home from home, spacious rooms , comfortable, with a wecoming sitting room and a view from the conservatory that would make you want to stay longer. After a week of cooked breakfasts, Paul's pancakes were a lovely change for breakfast. Aileen finished off our stay with a very welcome lift to the train station to catch our train home. 10 out of 10 Aileen & Paul and we can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Angela H
Aileen D, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hi Angela & Tom, what can I say that hasn't already been said to you guys. You were a real pleasure to have in our B&B. All of you were such fun and so full of excitement after having just walked the West Highland Way, it was infectious. It would be great to see you all back here again. Thank you for your lovely comments, we are so pleased that you had a nice time here in our humble home.