“Top-Notch!”
Review of Taransay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Taransay
Ranked #54 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Taransay is top-notch in terms of comfort and cleanliness, but I would say best part about it is the warm hospitality of the hosts. Paul and his team are very knowledgeable about the area, and will go out of their way to serve their guests well. The breakfast was excellent. Taransay is a great, central location for exploring the beautiful sights around Fort William -- Ben Nevis, Glen Coe, Glen Etive, and the beaches and islands near Malaig, to name a few. The hosts are happy to point guests to the best walks and places to visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Logan G

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here for three nights and wished we could have stayed there longer. The room was well-equipped, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast included cereal, fruit, yoghurt and a wonderful Full Scottish that set us up for the day. (We didn't tend to need lunch afterwards!). Friendly service and great advice on things to do and visit in the area. A great base for Glen Coe and the Western Isles. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sam A
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If Rachel's yogurt pots are part of the breakfast options, you know you're in a good guest house because If you want to buy the best yogurt in the supermarket, then this brand is up there at the top, just like Taransay. A good guest house, offering a good service, a nice environment, good value for money and a great view from the breakfast room overlooking Loch Linnhe.

Taransay is at the far south end of Fort William and only a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre. Paul is a personable and helpful host, ready to pass on his knowledge to give advice and recommendations, in my case the latest mountain weather forecast for Ben Nevis, a spot-on restaurant recommendation for dinner, and a very much appreciated lift into town with my pack to the Corpach bus when swapping location and luggage transfer providers from the West Highland Way to the Great Glen Way.

Single rooms are difficult to come by on the WHW, but Paul has two! Mine was very comfortable with an excellent small double bed and a separate, private shower/toilet.

Definitely a great place to stay and a good first option for single travellers to call.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Taransay very much. I didn't plan ahead and didn't ask for sea view which was unfortunate, since I had a view of the back garden (still nice but not as much as the front), however since it was only a flying visit it didn't matter much.
The owners were lovely, and took great care of me during breakfast, taking into account that I'm vegan - they got me soy milk and hummus especially.
The room was very comfortable and what made me really happy was when I heard "moos" from outside the window and I opened it to see a cow walking around outside by herself, eating grass, it was quite magical!
It's a bit of a walk to the city center, which I wasn't prepared for but I must admit, I highly enjoyed it since it was a very scenic walk and quiet.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 which has a view of the back garden and might put off some people but I wouldn...
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in single room with en-suite. Room was small but comfortable with small but adequate wardrobe. Bathroom was very clean and I'm getting used to small shower stalls ( I'm a big guy). Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Another guest was vegan and she had been supplied with special food, while another couple of guests were also provided with special food. With 24 hours notice apparently this can be done and is an example of how helpful and thoughtful the hosts are. Paul was able to suggest things to do and places to go. I followed one of his suggestions and he was right about it. B &B is a little out of town as other reviewers have stated. A little warning - the road in is a bit tricky. There is a sharp turn off the main road and another sharp turn on the hilly road to the B & B.

Room Tip: Fort William has lots of accommodation places but they fill up very quickly so book ahead.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at the Taransay for 6 nights. The room (single) was good. The breakfast was a great start to the day. The host was very friendly and helpful. The location was just 15 minutes from the town center (2 minutes by car).

Wonderful views from the breakfast room are included.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Taransay, Helpful, well-informed host and a good breakfast and lovely clean room. Nothing to complain about. Would stay there again The view from the breakfast room is excellent. As I was on my own the single room was a good size for my needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo