All reviews old police station cell rooms clothes storage quirky hotel old jail cell block converted cells dark tiles ex police complimentary bottle of prosecco underfloor heating in the bathroom car park was full high street bigger room couple of nights an overnight stay first floor
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019

Stayed here for two nights, hotel and rooms well maintained and clean, everything seems new and of good quality. Unfortunately the room and particularly the bathroom, was just too cramped. The bathroom wash basin was so small that even brushing your teeth was difficult never mind trying to fill the kettle to make tea. The staff were outstanding, very polite, friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel and the food was lovely. We will certainly stay at this hotel again but next time I will pay extra for a bigger room and hopefully a bigger bathroom. Oh and ladies, do bring a shower cap, none were provided. No bottled water or slippers as stated on the hotel website's description of room amenities.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

Good points;
Clearly spent a fortune on the decor. Room was was very modern/trendy. Good location (next to high street) for food. You can walk to the start of Ben Nevis from the hotel, from hotel to summit and back is just shy of 20miles.

Bad points;
Very expensive (We paid £130 a night for small room with breakfast).
The attention to detail was missing across the hotel. Our room was small, but more to the point not very functional. There was no wardrobe just a bit of pipe with a few coat hangers attatched and only 2 small draws. It was just about ok for us staying a couple of nights but any longer would be a pain. The tiny bathroom was also let down by poor thinking. The shower had no light so once you put the shower screen across it was pretty dark! The sink was tiny (I guess to save space) so you couldn't fill up the kettle or have a shave (mess every where!). In the restaurant again the menu was ok but never consistant. Ordered soup as it came with a crusty bread role. Turned up with a couple of bits of plain bread. Lots of dishes had run out.

It's definately clean and modern but needs to be much cheaper if I was to return.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2019

Firstly, it's in a fab location - right next to town and really near the loch. The downside of this is that there aren't enough parking spots and at points you may have to find/pay for other parking.
The reception area is a table next to the bar and the staff, although lovely, had no idea how to use the computer so every day we got locked out of our room. There's also not a lounge for guests just to chill out in.
The hotel itself is clean and modern but as others have said, there's not much space in the rooms themselves. If you are staying for more than one night, this is a bit of a hassle to be honest. They've put in a table etc to the room but it's not really functional and seems like it is only there so as they can get their 4 star rating. The bedding is lovely though and the rooms are very stylish. Be warned however the heating decides to switch itself off around 8-9pm and you will have to reset it!
The shower is great - but the sink is so small that water goes everywhere when you wash your hands or try to fill the kettle.
Breakfast is a bit of scrum as there's not much room to get toast/cereal etc. The staff are lovely and try their hardest but it feels like they need a bit more training. It's all very chaotic.
We had dinner there a couple of times and on both occasions several meals weren't available. I mean, no fish/seafood/salmon, when you are in the Highlands of Scotland? Also the soup on offer was the same at least three nights in a row.
All in all a lovely new hotel but not one to stay too long in. Not sure how long the decor will last!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2019

"Spacious" is NOT a word you could use for this accommodation but clean and comfortable are. Tiny bathroom (sink and loo) and communal shower both very clean. Comfortable beds (bunk) and nice white linen. I was in the top bunk and even though I am pretty fit and agile I found the ladder really tricky to navigate with an uncomfortable twist to get on to it. Our room was so tiny (underline tiny) my husband and I had to take it in turns to get off our bunk bed to change! The room was £120 for one night and I really think that is waaaaay too much for what it is. I can't comment on the breakfast (which I presume would have been thrown in as part of the £120?) because I don't eat breakfast ever. Over all - clean but overpriced.

Room tip: Ours was number 10 and it had no blind and an annoying door that banged just outside.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Booked in for one night, was offered a upgrade for 25 quid which I took. Room was average size but very comfortable. Bed wasn’t huge but extremely comfortable, slept no problem. For some reason the sink in the bath room was tiny but you forget about that because the shower was incredible. I didn’t want to get out of it one of the best showers I’ve used in a hotel. Breakfast was fine, continental buffet and choice of cooked breakfast. Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled solo