Ardmory House
$238
$140
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
Book now, pay at stay
$100
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
$191
$175
PremierInn.com
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleantwo nightsgreat locationhostsloch
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed in Ardmory in 2012 and though it the best B n B I had stayed in. Hilary and Ray were very helpful and very kind. I stayed there 5 days. Sometimes it doesn't pay to return but this time was even better. I had forgotten about the stairs up to the house but they aren't difficult just a surprise. Plus there is parking right out front. The wifi is very good, as is the tv reception. The view from the breakfast room is amazing looking out over the water to the mountains in the distance.

My friend and I decided to have separate rooms and they were doubles. I had the same room as last time and it was just as big as I remembered with a very satisfactory bathroom as I am not petite. I had the best 2 nights sleep for just about all of this trip (5 weeks so far) and the best porridge of the trip. The towels were changed every day, the room well cleaned and anything I might have required was in place. My friend had the other room with the new bed - she had a great nights sleep each night as well.

Hilary and Ray were just as pleasant, helpful and friendly as last time and both of us were sorry we hadn't planned our trip so that we could stay longer. The weather wasn't as good as last time but it was still a really good stay. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: For older people ask for a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Not far from the train station and the country center (by feet). The room was really big, altough the mattress was uncomfortable. Full and huge breakfast the way you wanted, just had to ask (porridge included!). Ensuite toilet was very clean and modern. The landlady was very friendly and she even prepared a packed lunch for us at 7 in the morning! We'd like to visit this place again, especially because we could see the loch from the window in the eating room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miss_Elvira
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a small but comfortable B&B which is very quiet but conveniently situated for the town and railway station (provided you are reasonably fit). We stayed for 5 nights in July. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. We were asked to give our requirements for breakfast the night before, which was well worthwhile as the breakfasts were very good and very promptly served. There was no problem asking to take breakfast a little early on our final morning as we had to catch a train.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WhycantIbemyself
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently stayed (Jun 2012) at Ardmory House at the end of a 3 month budget trip around Europe. It took me a day to settle in but then I realised it was just as so many others on Trip advisor have said. It is very central, there are only 3 guest rooms and the breakfast is brilliant. Being an Australian, I am used to much larger rooms than I experienced in most of Europe and the UK so what I didn’t expect was the good sized bedroom which had a large bathroom en suite. This was such a plus for me - room to move. There were drawers for my clothes with a roomy wardrobe and plenty of space for my suitcase. (I am a senior citizen)

The dining room has the most extraordinary view which I was able to enjoy at all hours as it was never closed to the guests. The steps are daunting but Hilary rushed out to help me as she was watching out for me - I have not experienced that before.

Hilary was an absolute delight as was her husband - they always had time for a chat and were so helpful regarding what to do and where to go - a wealth of information. I have recommended this B & B to all my friends as I had such a good time there and to be truthful I am not a B & B person but in this place I felt very comfortable and I think this is the best one can say about a place you stay in when traveling. It probably helped that the weather was sunny and very pleasant but this was merely the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank aussiesue102
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at Ardmory for 3 nights and had a lovely stay. Close to town, fresh towels everyday, good size room, and hot breakfast in a dining room with great views over the lake. The hosts were very helpful and made our stay easy and enjoyable.

The niggles - there was wifi, but it was only on in the afternoon and was turned off at night. Also, the bathroom was very small, and larger people might've had trouble getting into the shower. These were small things though, and probably wouldn't prevent us from staying there again in the future.

We booked through the Visit Scotland website, which showed availability when booking.com etc didn't.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple