“Just What You Need!”
Review of Ben Nevis Inn

Ben Nevis Inn
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Just What You Need!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Set at the base of Ben Nevis, this inn is just what you need to see as you descend of the mountain..... The atmosphere is very homely, staff very friendly and the food is fantastic. Just what you deserve after tackling Nevis!

• Visited April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Cardiff
“The restaurant with the best view, ever?”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ate yummy food, and supped yummy beer, there three days running. What better way to relax than visit such a special place after a day in the mountains? Very friendly, but book ahead as deservedly popular - and be patient if they are busy & sit back and enjoy the views...

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, Fantastic people”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We came for dinner after missing last orders the night before. The owner and lovely waitress were very apologetic and made sure that our meal was perfect the next night, even though it was our fault for turning up late!

The food was delicious, rich and well presented. A great menu with classic grub and traditional scottish food (more than just haggis, although the haggis was very good!)
The pub has a great atmosphere, great interior with exposed stone walls and wooden beams. It was full but not heaving, and the beer was fantastic.
It was very reasonably priced for the quality of food.

At the end of the night the waitress told us to cancel our cab and the owner would give us a lift back to our hotel as a sorry for not being able to eat the night before (again which was our fault not his).

A fantastic experience and a great place to relax after a day snow boarding up the mountains.

Would definitely come back and recommend it to anyone

• Visited March 2014
manchester
“Rustic friendly welcome atmosphere suitable for all the family”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After pulling up in a quaint little car park at the foot of 'the Ben', I did notice a lovely inn but put this scenic lovely to the back of my mind as my family and I headed on up the Ben for a most glorious walk.

On our descent, the Inn couldn't have been more inviting to family and I, as we were tired and hungry and the thought of a quick short supper was very appealing!

As we entered the inn however I quickly realised this wasn't just your average Scottish inn, as I was pleasantly greeted by a friendly barman (who I learned later was the actual sole proprietor!), and needless to say this man couldn't have been more accommodating with me and my troublesome tribe, as I felt refreshingly exasperated to be treated like 'actual people' in his welcoming, homely establishment.

Looking at the menu the savvy priced food was all locally produced and after a short wait I was pleasantly surprised to learn this was tasty authentic rustic hearty wholesome food served at its best! & in generous portions I might add.

Since our visit at the Ben Nevis Inn my family and I have visited on every occasion on our outings (to the Ben) and even when passing through Fort William for a pint and a snack (mostly fine casket quality ales all locally produced) and I can safely say that this is one place in Scotland you do not want to miss.

So to the proprietor and all the hardworking staff at the Ben Nevis Inn, I conclude that you are running a great welcoming place, serving the most excellent tasty food, at the foot of one of the most gorgeous places in Scotland, what could be better???

I take my hat off to you Sir keep up the most excellent work!!!

10/10 spot on!

1 Thank 25095224
“Well worth the visit”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

A number one restaurant in Trip Advisor means different things to different people.
We chose Ben Nevis Inn perhaps expecting something different. However after a drive out from Fort William and a look at some of the meals being served we thought it was well worth a try.
It was not busy although filling up and it is clear it can get very full at times. The staff were welcoming and we chose one end of a long table downstairs. However the tables are smaller upstairs. The décor is simple even rustic and creates a good atmosphere.
It was good to see the staff busy and obviously the place is well run.
The menu is simple though with a choice to suit most.
We choose the Big Ben Burgers and the portion is large and very well presented and cooked.
It was excellent value and when we stay in Fort William again I am sure we will revisit.

2 Thank Mussons99