“Must visit”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We made 2 visits during our trip. Dinner on a Tues evening as live Scottish music from 9pm, great atmosphere, wished we could stayed for longer that night but needed early night for the Ben Nevis trail the next day.

Food was delicious, we had haggis & trio of salmon for starters, main courses were equally good. Fresh ales were a treat after our 7 hours walk the next day, either sitting outside with great view of Ben Nevis or in the shade.

It is great starting/finishing point for the Ben Nevis Trail, less steep route to start comparing from the visitor centre.

Booking is recommended, very popular, so 2 seatings are expected!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,656)

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I find when it comes to my holidays from work i can't stop myself from jumping in my Campervan and heading off to Fort William. Don't ask me why, but i'm drawn there. My favourite place to go is Here. The food is amazing. The staff are fantastic. My kids love walking up to it for a bite to eat and sitting out back on a nice day. The views are gorgeous too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank nic1000
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food (goats cheese and beetroot panini...yum). Decent prices, good service.perfect spot for a stop after the climb, or infeed, instead of! Easy to get to by car or foot.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Leia M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After a quick stopover in Fort Williams, we searched TA for restaurant recommendations and found the Ben Nevis Inn sitting at the top of the list -- and for very good reason. The food was spectacular and we both stuffed ourselves near-shamefully. The prices were great, food quality and portions even better. If you find yourself in Fort William, eat here - try the traditional haggis starter as well!

2  Thank ShawnBToronto
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This pub is situated on the path to Ben Nevis and caters for walkers. We were there at lunchtime and the place was full of walkers who had just come down from the Ben, all hot, sweaty and muddy, as we were. All set for a pint of good beer and something to eat. However, no dogs. What! Wooden floors, sweat, mud, everyone mucking in together, a dog would not be noticed in the midst of this. There is no way this is a hygiene issue. I am sure no- one would complain. I can appreciate dogs on carpets, but on a wooden floor which was already muddy. Still, good beer, but I cannot comment on the food, though it looked ok with very full plates.