“Fantastic Bed & Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 6 Caberfeidh

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
6 Caberfeidh
Ranked #53 of 120 Fort William B&B and Inns
Fort William, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bed & Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed there with my partner in the 4 poster double room. Beautifully decorated, clean and spacious. 2 minutes walk from the high street, pubs, restaurants and shops which was very handy. We were very nicely welcomed by the hosts and the cooked breakfast in the morning we couldn't fault. Will be coming back to stay in the near future as over all our stay was great value for money. Thank you :)

Room Tip: Ask for the double 4 poster
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed here one night before catching the jacobite steam train tour. Both hosts and place are really good, they are very friendly and made you feel at home! Our room was big and nice, the only negative aspect was that our bathroom had only a bath and not a shower but they said they were about to change it very soon. Only 5 minutes walk from the train station. A lovely memory of Fort Williams!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Caen, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

A nice B&B in center town of Inverness. The room was very clean and confortable
Very good and big breakfast
I recommand this place

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

A great little B&B 2 minutes from the centre of town. Jim and Wilma are great, very friendly hosts and if you need feeding up for the hills then you are in for a treat with breakfast. Room was just right. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed here with my wife and two kids during our trip around north Scotland. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and for a price that was very reasonable!
The breakfast in the morning was spot on!
All in all this is a great b&b. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Fort William.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

We arrived in Fort William whilst en route to Land's End as my brother was completing a charity cycle ride. There are numerous B&Bs in the area so I went to a number of them to obtain quotations and the female owner, Wilma, quoted me £60 for 3 singles including breakfast. I discussed this with my brother and we returned there to confirm whether it was 3 single rooms or 3 beds in one room, and she confirmed it was 3 single beds at £60 for the room. We then left to obtain one further quotation but as this was more expensive, we returned to No6. We discussed bicycle storage and Wilma initially said the bikes could go outside. As another B&B had also quoted £60 but for a room with a double and single, we said we would go there to see if they had better storage. As we were leaving, Wilma called us back to say we could leave the bikes inside the porch, which we were happy to do. We offered to pay then and there but Wilma said as she was heading out, we would sort it in the morning.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the owners were very accommodating, offering to dry my brothers wet clothes and recommending places to eat. The breakfast was delicious, so the next morning my brother decided that he would pay an extra £10 because of how much we had enjoyed the stay. However, when he went to settle the bill, Wilma said it would be £84, claiming she had told us it would be £28 per head. As my brother was in a rush to set out, he paid this and asked me to discuss the price increase with her.

At this point Wilma became very hostile and confrontational, claiming she had given a per head quotation and that I must have been confused, despite the fact that all the B&Bs including hers, bar one in that area, had given quotations of £60 per room. She vilified the other B&Bs claiming they were cheaper because they took in homeless people or were not as nice as hers and berated us for not having chose to stay at one of them, whilst refusing to acknowledge that we had chose hers because it was the same price but for 3 singles, which we preferred. She outright lied and said she had not discussed price with my brother and refused to try and resolve the situation, suggesting I check the rates on their website which start at £30 per person and refused to accept that she had given us a quotation for the room at £60.

It was a very unfortunate ending to what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay in a lovely B&B. I would only recommend to future visitors that you settle the price then and there as despite a an initial very warm and helpful welcome, the owner turned out to be an immoral liar.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mly89
wilma m, Owner at 6 Caberfeidh, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Disgusted 3 star ensuite room,scrambled egg and smoked salmon for breakfast plus 2 full breakfats with extra beans.I gave,gave brother £5 tip to his charity.Brother gave us tip in morning which my wife didnt want to take.
This lady? tried a lot of B&BS in this street think she got mixed up with house up street that takes social security punters.
We havent charged £20 per head since 1998.
Disgusted with Tripadvisor for printing my wife is an immoral liar so much so I have told them to take us of their list who needs garbage like this after doing the job for 23 years.
Jim
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I arrived in Fort William and needed a hotel. I saw this one was right by the train station and their website advertised 30GBP/night. I called to ask if simple questions like if they have wifi, and what time I could check in, and to confirm the rate.

They said they would have to charge me 50GBP because they only had one room left and that it was big enough for 3 people, and so they'd have to charge 50GBP.

That was fine with me. So, in terrible rain, I walked to the hotel, exhausted from taking trains from london through the night. When I got there, the room they showed me was clearly for one person, not three. I questioned if this was the room for 3 people, and the woman said it's not. So then I asked, if it would then be the 30GBP rate. She had been fairly unpleasant already, but then she just became very hostile and told me to leave. I responded that I was fine paying 50GBP for that 1-person room, and that I was only asking, because the man on the phone explained it had to be 50 because they only had a 3-person room (I thought maybe this smaller room just opened up, and so that I would be able to get it for the 30GBP advertised on their website). I told her I'd be happy to pay the 50GBP and that I was only asking. She just became more hostile and threatened to call the police if I didn't just leave immediately without asking her anything else. Obviously, I have no interest in being treated with such hostility when I travel, so I left. I walked outside in the pouring rain until I found a cab, which I took to a different hotel in a less desirable location.

I really cannot imagine this hotel provides good service to its guests. I travel more often than I don't. I've spent over 1,000 nights at hotels over the last 5 years. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE!

I sincerely recommend you try to avoid this place. Even if they're not hostile to you, checking you in (as they were with me), I would not count on them to give you decent treatment during your stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tj129
wilma m, Owner at 6 Caberfeidh, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
This gentleman phoned 4 times trying to get the price down.Wanted to get into the room straight away.We only had the triple en suite ready so were going to give him this for £50 for single occupancy
When he arrived one and a half ours later we had a double en suite ready so the wife offered him this with the big bed.
He wanted it cheaper as there was only one bed.He said he might prefer the triple as he might bring some people back.!!!!!!!!!
I wonder what he would charge them?My wife had enough by this time and asked him to leave he was still arguing and my wife had to threaten him with the police to get him to leave.
I wish I had been there.I would rather have my house empty!!!!
Jim Mc Court Owner