“Very Busy, but excellent waiting staff”
Review of The Snow Goose

The Snow Goose
Ranked #106 of 253 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Snow Goose offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Boston, United Kingdom
“Very Busy, but excellent waiting staff”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This pub/restaurant is opposite the hotel that I stayed in at Inverness, thus gets busy with the 'passing trade'.

I was shown a nice table in the centre of the restaurant close to the bar and was waited on by a lovely young waitress. However I cannot say the same for her po-faced supervisor/manager, who I found officious.

Towards the end of my meal the restaurant appeared to be getting busier and I noticed that I was left less to my devices - I believe the restaurant were looking to turn around the table, but I had not yet finished my meal, and I found this somewhat uncomfortable and unnecessary.

Food was good quality and plenty of it, but the staff need training on how to make an Irish Coffee properly.

I would use again if I stayed in the hotels close by.

Visited January 2014

• Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Suprised”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My 4 friends/colleagues and me dropped in for a spot of light lunch on our way to Culloden battlefield.

The first thing that took us all by surprise was the wonderful interior and furnishings and we all managed to get seated on a big round table not far from the fire.

We only had toasted panini's to eat accompanied by a pint - but it was very good and would definitely call in again.

• Visited January 2014
Moray, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill since facelift?”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Like previous writer we have been there many times in the past. Since changes the quality and portions are terrible. WON'T BE GOING BACK or recommend it to others. Live in the area.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Rubbish not a chance to rate -0”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Used to be a favourite place to eat but not any more, service diabolical, rubbish, waited ages for our meals, complained, came away with some excuse about the chef being busy....

2nd time I went back to see if things had changed....

Nope... Won't be going back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ilovethesun18
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very pretty and homely”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The snow goose is a very nice building to look at and the outside has nice little touches, and the inside is nice it has a real fire place that gives it a charm, to eat I had wild boar and chorizo burger it was very tasty, overall it's a nice warm place to go and I would recommend it.

• Visited January 2014