“Wonderful”

Mustard Seed Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 257 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open since 1995, the simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere has allowed The Mustard Seed to become one of Inverness’s favourite restaurants. The Location on the banks of the River Ness in a converted church building is simply stunning and helps create the wonderful ambience. The transformation from disused church to restaurant created a unique space; with a double-height ceiling and magnificent open log fire. Many of the original period features were retained and combined with a mix of natural and modern finishes. The addition of the terrace on the top floor allows alfresco dining and uninterrupted views of the River, another amazing asset for the restaurant.
bury
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is so popular there's not much chance of getting in if you haven't made a reservation. Unfortunately, due to the size of our party, we were unable to fit on the first floor balcony, from where lovely views of the river can be had, but there's quite a lot to look at inside as well. The menu changes every week, so it can be a bit disappointing if you see something you really, really fancy the week before, but there is always plenty of choice and for the quality of food the prices are excellent. We were a large, and awkward, party but our waitress remained cheerful and friendly while juggling all our orders and thoroughly deserved our tip. The service was efficient and fast. They also have local ales in bottle. I could do with somewhere like this nearer to where I live!

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Randolph, Vermont
“Innovation served with Flair”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Lots of chefs innovate. In most cases the innovation seems to be the end in its. "Hey, I've never had squash blossoms with blue cheese and peach jam." At the Mustard Seed, hwoever, the innovation is done in the quest for delight. In our case, the quest was a complete success.

Roast fennel wrapped in bacon, served cold was a delightful surprise. My partner pronounced her Thai fish cake "the best I ever had," Sea bass and steak were more straightforward, but perfectly executed.

Our experience was further enhanced by our waiter, a chap tattooed with musical symbols. It turn out he lives to sing, and he told told us a moving tale about singing for his parents when they came to the restaurant the week before. We didn't order dessert, but his touching story left us with a sweet taste just the same. Nothing but good to be said about the Mustard Seed.

• Visited October 2013
aberdeen
“Excellent Food.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This Restaurant was recommended to me by a friend.A Friend and I required a very early evening meal as we were heading to The Eden Court for a Concert.I booked the reservation a few days before we arrived in Inverness just to make sure we could get a table.I explained that I was Dairy, Wheat and Egg Free, this would not be a problem I was told. We arrived in plenty of time, shown to our table by a very friendly waiter.Studied the menu and ordered our food.Water was brought to the table without having to ask for it.Our Starter arrived in no time and then a short time later our main courses, I had Sea Bass and my Friend had Pasta.Both Starters and Main Meals were cooked to Perfection, in fact I have to say it is the best meal out I have had for a long time.All the staff that took the time to speak to us were all very nice especially David. When go back to Inverness we will be back to see you. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. Norma Lawson, Westhill Aberdeenshire.

• Visited October 2013
Island of Malta, Malta
“Taste as good as it smells.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great service with a smile. Great food and athmosphere although a bit noisy as the restaurant is always busy. Me & my wife went for dinner on a Sunday night. I had a pan seared Rib eye and was very satisfied with my choice. It was cooked perfectly to my desire. Highly recommended if you happen to visit Inverness city. If I happen to be in Inverness again I will definitely eat there. Reservation in advance is a must.

• Visited September 2013
Buckie
“Never lets you down”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for years, both for lunch and dinner. It never fails to reach the high standard you have come to expect. The service is great and the prices very reasonable. Also they have a loyalty card which is a bonus. They serve an early bird special which is faultless, all in all we would not go anywhere else......brilliant.

• Visited August 2013