“Love it”

Mustard Seed Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open since 1995, the simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere has allowed The Mustard Seed to become one of Inverness’s favourite restaurants. The Location on the banks of the River Ness in a converted church building is simply stunning and helps create the wonderful ambience. The transformation from disused church to restaurant created a unique space; with a double-height ceiling and magnificent open log fire. Many of the original period features were retained and combined with a mix of natural and modern finishes. The addition of the terrace on the top floor allows alfresco dining and uninterrupted views of the River, another amazing asset for the restaurant.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Always a favourite place to dine at when we're in Inverness. But you will have to book. Great food, service & very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Mustard Seed Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a great place. The food was wonderful! the staff attentive and professional. Beautiful space. i would go again and recommend it highly along with Cafe 1. These two restaurants simply the best food we have had in our 2 weeks in Scotland. do not hesitate! It was recommended by the manager at Broadford Hotel in Isle of Skye, he lives in Inverness.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Love, Love, Love The Mustard Seed! After a few hours of busy shopping with my partner on a warm sunny day in Inverness, we decided to chance my favourite restaurant for lunch. I say chance, because it is so packed with customers that I thought we'd struggle without a reservation. When we arrived at 1:30pm, the place was buzzing! We were welcomed with a warm smile and asked to have a seat at the side while a table became free for us. We waited all of 2 minutes and were then whisked up to our table by a lovely waitress. All staff were smiley, chatty and very pleasant - as always. My partner had never been to The Mustard Seed before and he loved it! We really enjoyed our lunch, he had the seabass, i had the chicken and the service was fantastic. Decor is so pretty and the place has such a nice environment, its great sitting upstairs and being able to peek into the kitchen and seeing the chef's creating! Thank you for a lovely lunch as per usual.

1  Thank DLee129
Reviewed June 25, 2013

As a regular vistor to Inverness, I always make sure I visit the Mustard Seed.

All in all I dont think I will ever find a meal of this quality for the price. Not only is food great but you also get great service.

Cant wait for my next visit.

1  Thank HelseyLondon
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were recommended the Mustard Seed by our B&B owner when we arrived in Inverness later on a Sunday than we intended with no plans for dinner. He booked us into this restaurant for 8:45, a bit later than we'd have liked. I was put off at first by the noise (it is VERY noisy) & the fact that we weren't seated until 9:00 but we were given a quit(ish) corner & the waiter was pleasant & efficient. The food wasn't bad either!

1  Thank WinstonSophie