“Fantastic experience”

Mustard Seed Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open since 1995, the simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere has allowed The Mustard Seed to become one of Inverness’s favourite restaurants. The Location on the banks of the River Ness in a converted church building is simply stunning and helps create the wonderful ambience. The transformation from disused church to restaurant created a unique space; with a double-height ceiling and magnificent open log fire. Many of the original period features were retained and combined with a mix of natural and modern finishes. The addition of the terrace on the top floor allows alfresco dining and uninterrupted views of the River, another amazing asset for the restaurant.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wonderful location on the banks of the River Ness, lovely atmosphere and great food. Very busy so reservations advisable. Had the early evening dinner 2 course for £11.95 and food superb, would definitely recommend!

There are newer reviews for Mustard Seed Restaurant

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here a couple of years ago and didnt enjoy the food very much. I enjoy my food but there was not one course that i could finish. It has improved in that the food is much more edible but oh dear oh dear they still havent sussed out what sauce is best with what dish. Presentation is generally very good but all the bits on the dish do not marry well together. I still couldnt finish my main course. I am at a loss to understand why they dont get it. Their sister restaurant across the road does it much better. I would not go back to this restaurant.

1  Thank Cal26_11
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had dinner on a Sunday when many others were closed. The food was great and it was so good to see people being received and looked after even after 10pm. It is about time the UK caught up with the rest of the world and stopped forcing us to eat by 8.30! The Mustard Seed is jolly, interesting, fun and has a great menu. I want to visit the sister restaurant next time I am in Inverness and maybe sit on thew balcony at Mustard Seed if the weather is ever warm enough!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stopped in around 2pm for lunch and it was still very busy. I would highly recommend making reservations. Restaurant is in a great location along the Ness River. We (family of three) opted for the 2 course menu for £6.95. Great value for the money.The carrot soup was delicious as was my order of Sautéed red cabbage, onion, apple and Dutch feta turnover with a date purée. Both my husband and daughter were very pleased with their meals as well. Service was friendly and efficient even though they were very busy.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was the most enjoyable dinner of our trip. The servers were attentive without being intrusive. The wine pairing with the steaks was delicious. The venison was cooked better than anything we’ve ever had (which is high praise). If this restaurant were in our home town, we would be fat but not broke as the prices were very reasonable for the quality of produce. Loved it.