“Pretty good.”

Mustard Seed Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 259 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open since 1995, the simple cooking and warm, friendly atmosphere has allowed The Mustard Seed to become one of Inverness’s favourite restaurants. The Location on the banks of the River Ness in a converted church building is simply stunning and helps create the wonderful ambience. The transformation from disused church to restaurant created a unique space; with a double-height ceiling and magnificent open log fire. Many of the original period features were retained and combined with a mix of natural and modern finishes. The addition of the terrace on the top floor allows alfresco dining and uninterrupted views of the River, another amazing asset for the restaurant.
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Good pre-theatre menu with reasonable prices and excellent food.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

If I lived in Inverness this would be my regular restaurant. We went for lunch on Saturday and absolutely loved it. Lovely food, great decor, perfect.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had lunch here. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and polite and the atmosphere was great. The two of us had three courses, a glass of wine and coffee for less than £50.00 even though we both had steaks which incur a supplementary charge. I thought it was very good value. Everything was well presented on nice chinaware.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I am such a fan of the french bread that they serve when you sit at your table that I often would be happy with bread, starter and dessert and miss the main course....but then I love the fact that you can always rely on the Mustard Seed having salmon or sea bass on the menu. There's a lovely atmosphere in there and even when it is not crowded you don't find yourself feeling you have to whisper.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Went for a meal with friends. Checked menu in advance and it looked like an interesting place to eat. Table booked several days in advance with notice I was vegan. On the night it was clear no thought had been given to my needs. Food I was served was adaptions of dishes on menu without the fish or meat. Whilst nicely flavoured the food felt one dimensional. The chefs can clearly cook - a bit of forethought would have made a huge difference to my night out. Next time I'm in Inverness I'll be trying somewhere else.

2  Thank Becsbri