“great take away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
Inverness, United Kingdom
“great take away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

what a great chippy. I would recommend doing the drive through tho. If you sit in you'll be a block of ice before you get your food.

Visited October 2013

“Nice waitress shame about the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Realy disappointed with the fish and chip. And scampi . You would hope from the amount of food from so many plates that was left. They may change their oil. Over cooking. With old oil . Dried out . And soggy chips. Wont bother going again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
invergordon
“Really good fish & chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Have been here twice this year. First time was perfect. Service & food all good. Fish Is lovely. Reasonably priced too. Second time it was so busy we would have had half hour wait to be seated, we were starving so instead of waiting we went to the take away bit and opted to sit outside on the benches as it was a lovely evening. This experience was ok and I would recommend this Harry Ramsdens and will return.

• Visited July 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Worst ever take out.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went to Harry Ramsdens, Inshes Retail Park, Inverness and will never return, the two meals we ordered were terrible and the side of gravy i got was just a lump of brown goo the girl at the drive trough didn't even crack a smile. Will never go back and will definitely not recommend. for being world famous it is very poor and very disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Maria K
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“What a Letdown”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

While on holiday in Scotland I went into Harry Ramsdens in Inverness with my mother on Tues 23rd July 2013,. She asked for plaice and was advised that the plaice is breaded not battered. To me that means frozen. Is this the norm with plaice??? I asked if I could have the large haddock but with fewer chips, I was told no, bigger fish more chips. We both ordered haddock, chips, peas, one tea and one coffee, costing £19:05 fair price for fair food
While waiting for our meal the waitress ( only one on duty) was in and out of the toilets and at one time brought a load of towels out and into the kitchen. Did she wash her hands before bringing our order several minutes later??? The batter on the fish was ok but the fish was very dry and rubbery. The chips were very pale, wrinkled, dry and tasteless. A lot of food was left. I asked the waitress if the fish and/or chips were frozen because of the poor quality. She said no they are fresh but we were 'not the first to complain today'. She went to the kitchen and told the manager, he tasted one of the left over chips and said ' yeah, they are not good ' end of. We paid and left in disgust.
I have written to Harry Ramsdens twice but they have not replied. I realise this branch is a franchise but it still represents and uses Harry Ramsdens name This will be our last visit to any Harry Ramsdens branch.

• Visited July 2013