“In the week of Eurovision, atmosphere - nil points.”
Review of Harry Ramsden's - CLOSED

Harry Ramsden's
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

At the right back end of a retail park, no where near where TomTom sent us. 3 tables taken at 7pm on a Tuesday was poor, driving past I questioned if it open or not?

Well thumbed laminated menus made it look like a Beefeater, but what more can I say other than good fish and chips, tasty and a good portion, proper sauce bottles - brand names too, no faults there.

But get something else on the sound system, it was like the start of a wake, I think I ever heard Leo Sayer, Sayer, there was no atmosphere, when we paid bill we were allowed to leave without a thank you, I would of said perhaps they were busy, but that would be far from the truth.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went in here on a Tuesday night and expected it to be busy enough, turns out I was the only customer. Never mind, I thought, it's just quiet tonight and the franchise always gives good fish. The service was rubbish, with the waiter asking me if I wanted chips with my fish on the classic supper, which is standard and is the main item on their menu. He then proceeded to bring me weak tea and no bread when the fish came. When I asked him if the bread and butter was coming, he told me I hadn't ordered bread. Again I had to show him the menu where the standard classic supper states is included. All in all very poor service. The fish itself was pretty good but the chips were dry and small with the majority of the plate being tiny crispy bits and not chips. Really poor meal and I can see why the place was empty. If you are in the area, just pass by, it's not what the franchise used to be. Rubbish!

1  Thank WillieEdinburgh
Reviewed May 14, 2013

grabbed lunch a few weeks back and felt compelled to write a review concerning the food that was recommended to me by the helpful and genuinely friendly waitress that served me.i wasn't sure what to order from the standard menu,a regular occurrence when i eat out,when my waitress (leanne or so her till receipt implied) suggested the chicken salad baguette which came with a hefty serving of chips also.i was skeptical but on her humble recommendation that's what i opted for.i have to say i was thoroughly impressed and genuinely thankful for her choice,everything was spot on,the salad dressing was all very fresh,the chicken was piping hot as were the chips and all for £6.50 which also included unlimited refills on carbonated drinks,it certainly beats many other places for value and quality

i thoroughly enjoyed my trip here,i cannot fault the food or the service and will definitely return in future.thankyou again to leanne who was ever patient and helpful with my queries :)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

You get a discount when showing your Matalan card in the restaurant.
Great to see Isobel back she runs the restaurant very well.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ok, so I rave about this place........I must like it as we eat there on a weekly basis without fail. So why has it lost a star compared to my previous rating?

Quite simply because we were charged an extra 25p for a small chocolate flake which my son asked for with his ice cream!

Come on Harry Ramsdens........if you'd rather we didn't give you our custom week in week out, you only had to say and we'd have gone to the Snowgoose!

Humph! (Come back Isobel.....we NEED you).

1  Thank TellTheTruthPlease