“Really gone downhill”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff
Edinburgh
“Really gone downhill”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I went in here on a Tuesday night and expected it to be busy enough, turns out I was the only customer. Never mind, I thought, it's just quiet tonight and the franchise always gives good fish. The service was rubbish, with the waiter asking me if I wanted chips with my fish on the classic supper, which is standard and is the main item on their menu. He then proceeded to bring me weak tea and no bread when the fish came. When I asked him if the bread and butter was coming, he told me I hadn't ordered bread. Again I had to show him the menu where the standard classic supper states is included. All in all very poor service. The fish itself was pretty good but the chips were dry and small with the majority of the plate being tiny crispy bits and not chips. Really poor meal and I can see why the place was empty. If you are in the area, just pass by, it's not what the franchise used to be. Rubbish!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank WillieEdinburgh

Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm & Welcoming.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

grabbed lunch a few weeks back and felt compelled to write a review concerning the food that was recommended to me by the helpful and genuinely friendly waitress that served me.i wasn't sure what to order from the standard menu,a regular occurrence when i eat out,when my waitress (leanne or so her till receipt implied) suggested the chicken salad baguette which came with a hefty serving of chips also.i was skeptical but on her humble recommendation that's what i opted for.i have to say i was thoroughly impressed and genuinely thankful for her choice,everything was spot on,the salad dressing was all very fresh,the chicken was piping hot as were the chips and all for £6.50 which also included unlimited refills on carbonated drinks,it certainly beats many other places for value and quality

i thoroughly enjoyed my trip here,i cannot fault the food or the service and will definitely return in future.thankyou again to leanne who was ever patient and helpful with my queries :)

• Visited April 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great value and Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

You get a discount when showing your Matalan card in the restaurant.
Great to see Isobel back she runs the restaurant very well.

Visited May 2013
Scottish Highlands
“Still good......but.......”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ok, so I rave about this place........I must like it as we eat there on a weekly basis without fail. So why has it lost a star compared to my previous rating?

Quite simply because we were charged an extra 25p for a small chocolate flake which my son asked for with his ice cream!

Come on Harry Ramsdens........if you'd rather we didn't give you our custom week in week out, you only had to say and we'd have gone to the Snowgoose!

Humph! (Come back Isobel.....we NEED you).

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TellTheTruthPlease
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Appalling food - avoid”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went for lunch yesterday- quite simply the worst meal I have had in years!
Dried up burger on a stale bun and chips that were a strange yellow colour!
Far worse than any motorway service centre in the 1970s!
Will nevervuse this chain again.

• Visited March 2013