“Yummmmmm!”

Ranked #3 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since it opened in 2002, Rocpool Restaurant ha become an effervescent Inverness brasserie with a loyal fan base. A cool contemporary decor with lots of bare wood and bold colours give a buzzy vibe to the restaurant which is situated in a prime site on the banks of the River Ness. The kitchen has a repotoire of eclectic modern dishes which use Scotland's matchless produce sprinkled with Mediterranean sunshine, plus a pinch of exotic spice here and there.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Made a reservation same day, had a spectacular dinner. It was quite expensive, but the venison was amazing, the soup was divine, my husband's oriental chicken salad was (reportedly) delicious. The wine was, hmmm, okay, but we found that throughout Scotland - not quite the same diversity and adventurousness of tastes we've seen in Washington DC. Or maybe we just ate at the wrong places. In any case, the whiskeys were always delightful.
If you want to hit the Rocpool, try the early bird menu - probably a better value!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Just had a delightful lunch. Servers very efficient and friendly. Two course lunch offer excellent considering the quality of food. Minestrone soup was like none I've ever eaten- light and fresh and very tasty with petit pois and other greens. I decided to be brave and have warm pear and fig salad for main course. The pear was beautifully spiced and delicate, figs soft and flavoursome- dressing perfectly balanced. My fellow diners had chicken and sea bream for mains and both cleared their plates. The tallegio with chicken was especially enjoyed and the sea bream came with huge tempura prawns with a perfect light batter. Well worth the £14.95 for two courses.

2  Thank Carolinagmax
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

early bird menu was great value for money and the food was outstandingly flavoured. very good service and nice ambience. highly recommend.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a lovely meal, food is amazing. A slight hiccup with our order but it did not detract from what was a 5 star experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner recently went here to celebrate our engagement. Our greeter was amazing and even managed to change our table to a booth. He and the other staff are brilliant and make the place even more special. Now on to the food! The food was stunning, my partner and I both had the starter from the specials menu, seared tuna steak with hand dived scallops, mango and a chilli lime dressing. It was to die for! My plate was so clean you could have put it back in the cupboard. For a main my partner had the veal with pea, lemon and mint risotto served with feta cheese, she said it was wonderful and is still licking her lips at the mention of the dish. I had the local venison wrapped in Parma ham and served with black pudding, mini roast potatoes and garlic mushrooms. It was beautiful. We finished of with a honeycomb ice cream to share, which arrived to our table with a streamer indoor firework. We washed everything down with a merlot from Chile which worked very well with the two mains. All in all a fantastic place for a special treat, price is more to the higher end of the scale but well worth every penny, for fantastic food, service, setting (right on the river ness) and feel as the place is great to look on.
I would recommend everyone visiting the highlands and Inverness to visit rocpool

1  Thank Christmas2016