“10/10”

Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since it opened in 2002, Rocpool Restaurant ha become an effervescent Inverness brasserie with a loyal fan base. A cool contemporary decor with lots of bare wood and bold colours give a buzzy vibe to the restaurant which is situated in a prime site on the banks of the River Ness. The kitchen has a repotoire of eclectic modern dishes which use Scotland's matchless produce sprinkled with Mediterranean sunshine, plus a pinch of exotic spice here and there.
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely lunch & reasonably priced.

I had the autumn salad followed by the sea bream, both perfect portion sizes & flavoursome.

Finished it off with a indulgent creme brûlée & an espresso.

Excellent experience & will definitely be going again when I'm in Inverness.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Every time were back in Scotland we end up in Inverness visiting family and friends. Even if the family weren't there we would still make the effort just to eat here. The food is fantastic, the service friendly and attentive. The owners speak to you and are always pleased to here your feedback. Been here twice now years apart, but the standard just gets better.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had not been to Rocpool for some time and, hopefully, it was just an off day but I was a little disappointed. Despite a double door from the main street, I found it quite cold inside. The service was pleasant and fairly attentive. We had crispy duck to start with - unfortunately I found it rather more dried out than crispy and the dressing was extremely tart, very acidic. Main course was chicken with black pudding and wild mushroom risotto. The chicken was ok though not outstandingly tasty. I'm not sure what was 'wild' about the mushrooms - they seemed pretty standard chestnut ones to me and there were far too many of them, mixed through the risotto and also piled on the side! My partner fared much better with his sea bass served with some exquisitely cooked butternut squash.

It was ok and I would go back as we have had extremely good food here in the past, but on this occasion it was really pretty average.

2  Thank IainCDBuckie
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We ate here for lunch.

My husband ordered the crispy duck and I had the soup ... both were delicious.

For the mains we had fish cake and Sea Bream ... beautifully cooked.

What we both liked so much was how the chef had the expertise and confidence to cook good food well and let quality ingredients talk for themselves. No messing and no pretence!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We like Rocpool as our special occasion restaurant as it never disappoints. We went for our anniversary lunch and it was fantastic. Great service and because I'm so confident that everything will be well cooked I can be more adventurous with what I eat! Lovely fishy choices and seasonal too. Lovely wine and finished with their amazing banana and coconut white chocolate cheese cake...drool. Can't wait for next reason to go back.