“Lovely”

Ranked #3 of 258 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since it opened in 2002, Rocpool Restaurant ha become an effervescent Inverness brasserie with a loyal fan base. A cool contemporary decor with lots of bare wood and bold colours give a buzzy vibe to the restaurant which is situated in a prime site on the banks of the River Ness. The kitchen has a repotoire of eclectic modern dishes which use Scotland's matchless produce sprinkled with Mediterranean sunshine, plus a pinch of exotic spice here and there.
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant today and it lived up to expectations. Staff were lovely and food great. We booked in advance stating it was for our wedding anniversary and the staff couldn't have done more for us or make us more welcome.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Perthshire
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I really can't find anything to criticise at Rocpool. Each time we go the food and service is excellent and the menu is always changing. The early evening/pre theatre menu is great value and they always get you out in time. You probably need to book because it is always packed out. The owner seems to be there every time we go and is mucking in with the rest of his staff.
If you are visiting Inverness, don't miss it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank PerthshireClare
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a great place!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The food was wonderful and was accompanied by gorgeous homemade bread. I cannot fault a thing.

Visited April 2012
Highlands of scotland
“Always good”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice, very busy restaurant. Food of good quality and service excellent. Pricey. If you have an earlier booking you are informed you only have the table for a certain amount of time which is pretty poor considering you will have spent at least £50 per head.

Visited April 2012
“It's full for a reason.”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I really only write good reviews as I can't be bothered to write about places I didn't enjoy. I can't add much to the great reviews about this place other than the fact that I eat here on the 20th April so for a short while this is current. I'd heard good things and it did not disappoint. We went in first at 6.30 to bring our reservation forward a little and the place was heaving then--a good sign? It turned out to be. They brought us forward with no complaints to 7.45 when we returned.
The service was very friendly, attentive but also genuine. We picked out a bottle of Spanish white which turned out to be an excellent companion to some great seafood.
I had the scallops followed by the halibut--both of which were really great and get this: hot---so much food seems to come out of restauraunt kitchens luke warm these days, for some unknown reason.
My partner had wild Mushroom soup and some superb lamb which she throughly enjoyed.
If you are looking for somewhere cheap and easy this is not the place for you but if you believe that you have to pay a little bit more to get something excellent then I thought it did that, so in my opinion it was very good value for money as well.

• Visited April 2012