“Fantastic!”

Inverness Youth Hostel
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Located close to everything, this hostel met all our needs and then some. The rooms were clean and tidy, not too cramped either, the beds comfortable and the bathrooms clean.
The hostel has excellent self catered kitchens and it is positively massive and also well stocked with the pots and pans that you would need.
With a big Morrisons nearby, there is no worry for getting the items required for you to make yourself a dinner/breakfast.
Free car parking facitlity on request makes it an awesome option as well!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MohdSalim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is about a 15 min walk from the Inverness bus station. It is 5 mins away from a Morrisons supermarket and bus stop to/from the airport. The hostel is very large, with a huge stainless steel self catering kitchen and nice lounge/reception area. The dorm rooms and bathrooms were very clean and orderly.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Elise G
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Thank you for having me to stay at the SYHA Inverness. Jim the duty manager got in touch to offer me a bed while in the final stages of my LEJOG run. I enjoyed a friendly welcome, a great night's sleep and enjoyed some great craic with the residents. Best hostel in Inverness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JoeMbu
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Due to my own error I booked twice into this hostel and had accidently paid ( don't ask!)
I emailed an enquiry and straight away it was sorted out beyond what I could have expected.
Excellent customer service and I haven't even been there yet!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Pembroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

i was pleasantly surprised when I came here as I thought it was a typical youth hostel, but in fact it was anything but!. I was greeted by a pleasant chap who asked if I had had a plesant journey. I booked a bed as I was only here for the night and I ended up getting a private room. Ok so it was a small ensuite room but it was perfect for the amount of money i paid. All the staff i spoke with were extremely friendly and chatty. It was just painted inside so it was bery fresh and welcoming. I didnt eat here as they have self catering facilities and i was only there for a sleep, but I will definately be back with my friends as I couldnt fault anything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Clean, large room, with standard issue creaky SYHA beds. The kitchen was clean, with everything you needed.

Peaking into a micro room, they do look very micro.

Exactly what you expect from SYHA, in a city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent there one night and I have to say I had great experience. There is a self-catering kitchen which is huge and well equipped. We had room for 6 people with a sink and mirror over that. The storage lockers are in good size. The communal room is large, there's also the cafe area in front of reception. The breakfast was continental with wide choice of food, hot drinks and juices. Showers and toilets were clean however there were missing toilet rolls in 2 cubicles.
The hotel is situated not far from the city, about 15-20 mins by walk where you find wide range of restaurants and bars, and the supermarket Morrisons is about 10 mins from the hostel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends