“Wonderful B&B”

Ranked #114 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A warm and welcoming guest house. The hostess Joan was very caring and helpful and made us feel at home from the start. The service was outstanding.
We warmly recommend this guest house for anyone wanting a quite and central location while visiting Inverness and the Highlands.
Stephan, Carina, Raoul and Anne from Gothenburg Sweden

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sulano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the end of September. Location is great for access to the train station & High Street. Climbing the stairs from town to the house got a bit much but that also put it in a quiet residential area. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. Joan was a great hostess, very helpful with any requests we had. Breakfast was very good with a nice variety of choices. We wouldn't hesitate to return to the Ryeford.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lloyd P
Kirknewton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Ryeford Guest House. Room was double room with single bed. We were facing the road but was very quiet. We left our car outside and walked the 50 yds to the 60 steps which are in blocks of 8 that took you down to the city centre. Very clean and good breakfast. You order your breakfast day before so Joan can have your breakfast freashly cooked for when you come down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank figradon9203
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 3 nights here and was very comfortable. The High Street and the railway station are conveniently located. The breakfast was amazing - a nice choice if one wanted a Scottish breakfast; but cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, etc. for the smaller appetite. Joan was the best - I asked if I could hang some shirts on her clothesline and she not only did them with her laundry, but ironed them! And gave me a spoon so I could eat my yogurt on the train, which left a 8 am. I hope I'm not raising anyone's expectations - laundry and spoons are way beyond what one should expect. I loved Inverness and would recommend Ryeford Guest House to anyone visiting there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 2013Ruth
Granby, Colorado
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Ryeford Guest House in early July. We stayed in a small room with two single beds, it was plenty of room for me and my cousin. Very clean and breakfast was filling and very good. I loved the location and cannot wait to visit Inverness again, it is such a beautiful city. We were leaving very early in the morning and Joan made sure we had breakfast and coffee ready for us and had arranged for a cab to pick 4 of us up and take us to the train station... (If we weren't loaded down with luggage we could have walked) Such a great experience, I will definitely stay at Ryeford Guest House again

Room Tip: Rooms in the UK are small, if you choose to stay at B&B's try not to bring everything you ow...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank winniekawx
UK
Reviewed August 20, 2013

..to the days of the good B&Bs of old. Traditional terraced property overlooking Inverness. There are only about 7 rooms so the service is personal and friendly. The bedrooms are clean and warm, and come equipped with your very own teddy bear! Don't forget to fill out your form the previous evening to customise your full Scottish breakfast, which will then be cooked to order for you. There's also a cosy communal sitting room downstairs (photo), full of curios and nik-naks.
Location would be 5 stars as the town's pedestrianised shopping area is very close as the crow flies, but the house is on a hillside and there are some 60+ steps down to the town (and back up!), which may not suit everybody.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mosobucks
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just recently stayed at this B&B for one night and for the life of me I cannot see how it can advertise as a 4 star accommodation, the twin room we had was very small almost like a converted large cupboard, with a shower that was cramped and a curtain that clung to you like a wet newspaper on a windy day, the beds although adequate have metal headboards in an ornate style the gave a rendition of tubular bells every time you turned or moved, and with the creaky floors it was reminiscent of a 1960's ghost movie, the embossed wallpaper has surely seen better times in another decade, the small TV could be updated perhaps to flat screen, but to be fair the room was clean and pleasant enough.

Breakfast was as we requested although I noted the orange juice was whisked away after one glass was poured by the owner, may be you are only allowed one glass who knows I'm sure more would have been provided if requested, as we were offered more toast if required.

All in all I could only say this experience was average, but for a property boasting 4 stars and charging £70 I think upgrades in some areas would not go amiss.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business