“Lovely place to stay in Inverness”
Review of St Ann's House

St Ann's House
Ranked #11 of 234 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2013

St.Annes B&B is located in a quiet neighbourhood with only 5min walk to the center of Inverness. The house is nicely decorated and the breakfast room offers a verny nice view on the splendish garden (with all the flowers and birds coming to bath in the little pond it is a view to enjoy a lot). Breakfast at St.Annes has been one of the best we had in Scottland, amongst others with delicious pancakes and omelettes as well as fresh fruit.
But the best has been Anne and Bob, who are friendly, helpful and very entertaining. While we stayed there, they also hosted a lot of musicians during a festival as they are fond of music. So the house was filled with live music, which made our stay extraordinary. Bob and Anne had lots of useful advice for interesting places in Inverness - we enjoyed staying with them and will surely come back sometime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

It was a real bonus having all these musicians in the house when you were here. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and their music. I was delighted to help with information about the area to enable you to see so many aspects of life in Scotland. Quality ingredients is the key to our breakfasts and I am delighted you enjoyed them so much Inverness is a tremendous place for live music and I am sure we will see you return one day.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

'My stay at St Anns was only for one night. However it was excellent in all respects. I arrived late and the owner was most gracious. I had trouble getting wifi and he loaned me his laptop without demur. The room was spacious, clean, fresh, as was the bathroom.
In the morning I saw and walked through the garden lush with flowers and foliage complete with a small pond. I looked out on the garden while having breakfast which was delicious along with fresh fruit and hot omelette. I could not eat all the omelette so the inn owner very elegantly made a sandwich out of it and gave it to me to take on the bus to Glasgow. He also very graciously drove me the bus station. All in all I felt respected, cared for, and catered too as if I was in my own brothers home. I would definately go back again and will refer my family to it. The rooms fill quite quickly so preplanning is the key. '

Room Tip: The twin room is lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind words. Late arrivals are never a problem at St Ann's. We are quite happy to supply a lap top to anyone who requires one and wishes to take advantage of our free Wi-Fi. It was a delight having you stay and I look forward to seeing you and your family sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed there for two nights with friends in a three-person room (1 double, 1 single) in October 2013. Both hosts were very welcoming and helpful, and the room was immaculate - clean, comfortable and well-maintained. The breakfast was outstanding - there are several cooked breakfast options, in addition to a delicious buffet of fresh fruit (berries, mango, figs, as well as the standards), yoghurt, pancakes, soda bread and homemade preserves.
St Ann's is excellent value for money, and I'd definitely stay here again if I return to Inverness in the future.

Room Tip: All of the rooms but one are upstairs (the only downstairs room is a three-person room).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted we were able to contribute to the enjoyment of your trip. The family room is very popular with guests and can sleep up to 4 people. It is also opposite the residents' lounge where you can relax with friends in the evening. Thank you for helping spread the word about St Ann's and it's value for money.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great B&B, centrally located, superb breakfasts and very helpful local knowledge on tap from a warm and friendly Hosts.
Nothing was too much trouble on my three night stay from two very early breakfast served so i could catch a train to advising me that I would be able to see the dolphins in the Moray Firth if I had some binoculars, Bob insisting on lending me a pair when I explained mine had been left at home - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Book early - very nice garden!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing St Ann's in such a positive way Early breakfasts when guests have to catch trains, planes or have work appointments are never a problem. Binoculars are on hand should guests wish to view them and there is certainly plenty to see in the Highlands.Come back some time and enjoy more breakfasts and train runs.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Bob + Mary Ann are very friendly and helpful with a lot of good ideas what to do and see in and around Inverness.
Our room was very clean and quiet, the beds comfortable, breakfast perfect. Not to forget the lovely garden, a daily highlight to look at during breakfast.
The B&B has a favourable location for a walk to the city and is altogether very recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your review with its positive comments. The location is ideal with a short walk from a quiet area into the city centre, where there is an excellent choice of restaurants and bars, many with live music. I hope that if you return to Scotland you use Inverness and St Ann's as your base because there are so many sights to see and activities to participate in.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our room at St Ann's was roomy, clean, and very comfortable.The breakfast room with the view to the garden was just gorgeous,and the food was great. The hosts were very helpful-Bob had some good ideas for sight-seeing.Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at St Ann's. When guests have travelled long distances it's important that they can make the most of their time. I have a number of itineraries tailored to suit the aspirations of different guests ensuring the time they spend in Scotland is put to the best use. Of course if you just wish to relax then out=r gardens are ideal. Would love to see you again. Thank you

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Located in Inverness on a quiet street, this is an amazing place to stay in terms of comfort as well as location. The rooms were big and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The hosts were very gracious and helpful. They recommended restaurants for dinner and suggested a beautiful walk around town. And it was a very nice touch to find a glass of sherry waiting for us at the B&B once we reached back after dinner. We were shown around the garden in the morning (its very pretty). Good and safe parking was available. Apologies I could not write my review for almost 2 months although I promised I would write it ASAP.

Room Tip: Both rooms occupied by us were very good. The rooms at the back have a nice garden view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was so pleased that you found our house to your liking. It is always satisfying when guests let us know that our efforts are appreciated. It makes the work in tending the gardens and preparing your breakfasts worthwhile.