“TO SKØNNE DAGE I Inverness”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of St Ann's House

St Ann's House
Ranked #7 of 246 Inverness B&B and Inns
Naerum, Denmark
“TO SKØNNE DAGE I Inverness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

In St. Ann's House I have enjoyed the warm and friendly atmosphere. My room and bathroom were really nice and the breakfast delicious, served in a room with a view to a lovely garden. Peaceful neighbourhood and walking distance to the city center as well as nearby resteaurants and folk music venue. Bob and Mary Anne were a great help to make my stay successful, I would like to come back again many times.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for response. We like to keep in touch with what is happening locally to give guests the best opportunity to experience the area. Inverness is one of the top cities for live music in its pubs, enhancing the visitor experience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

On arrival received a warm welcome. My room was comfortable and had good tv and wi-fi reception. Breakfast was excellent with a great variety of choices. Free parking and great location near city centre. Excellent hosts, I will be back next time I'm in Inverness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. St Ann's is a great location, as you say, with only a fifteen minute walk to the city centre and easy access for car drivers coming from the A9 or A82.Free unrestricted parking on the street is a bonus and in addition there a number of off-road parking bays at the house. The residents' lounge is an ideal place to catch up on e-mail or why not take your work into our conservatory area, where we can make a table available looking onto a stunning garden.
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

In an industry as competitive as hospitality and catering its always extremely satisfying when you find something that exceeds expectations and rewards you with a real sense of value for money. After spending the summer traveling and working in various luxury villas in the south of France as a private chef, naturally expectations were high. I stayed for one night before completing my journey home to the west coast and after a long stressful day in various airports and buses I received a very warm welcome late at night. The room was exceptionally clean and tastefully decorated, the power shower was perfect for massaging my aches and pains after a very long day. Breakfast the next morning was simply perfect. Having stayed in various hotels throughout my summer around the £100 mark (single room), I have noticed breakfast seems to be somewhat forgotten about. We all know it's the most important meal of the day, emphasis on this is clearly delivered by Mary Anne and Bob. I was welcomed with a stunning view of the immaculate garden on a glorious day with the sunshine reflecting of the pond. The birds in the garden provided the perfect background music! As for the food, there is a wonderful display of seasonal fruit, washed, peeled, cut as required. A wide selection of cereals, muesli and porridge cooked to order (not left in a pan all morning!) also fresh fruit juice, tea and coffee. An interesting selection of breads, pancakes and wonderful homemade jam along with various yoghurts. Bob's wonderful Scottish smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and full Scottish breakfast add another sense of exceptional hospitality at a very reasonable price. All this begs the question why would you stay in a hotel and be treated as a number and not as a friend? Thanks again for the perfect stay to end my wonderful summer, see you soon

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
It is always extra satisfying when we receive such a complimentary review from a highly experienced person in the hospitality industry. In my many and varied travels, staying in accommodation ranging from some of the world's top hotels to local guest houses I have always felt that they way you are treated at breakfast lays down a marker for the guest. We have tried to replicate some of the best elements of some fabulous breakfasts. we have experienced.
Local produce is always high on the agenda with eggs from a west coast croft and black pudding from the artisan producer Ritchies of Aultbea . Our continental buffet of cheeses and meats along with various breads are well appreciated as are the ever changing fruit platters. There is such a wide choice of breakfasts I am sure we will see you again when you can try something different.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a two-night stay with Bob and Mary Anne. Very lovely garden, wonderful breakfast and Bob is a wealth of recommendations for things to do and see. Our room was a little small, but we were in the smallest 2 person room. All the others were larger.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the house and I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast set-up. Like you I always enjoy a spacious room, but having travelled extensively I know that this is not always possible, which is why at St Ann's we have provided a relaxing residents' lounge and many guests also like to sit out in the garden or indeed in the dining room conservatory. Inverness provides a wealth of touring opportunities and I was pleased that I was able to identify some of them for you. I do hope we will see again.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

St Ann's was a great place to stay! Hosts Mary Ann & Robert were warm, welcoming & informative. Our room was all that we could have asked for (including good wifi & tv), not to mention the sherry & chocolate in the communal room upon arrival. Free parking in front was very handy. Mary Anne provided us with a few dinning options, one of which was a wonderful restaurant in re-purposed church overlooking the river, and pointed us toward Hootenanny for music-a real treat. Robert was on hand to suggest the best way across to river to capture the evening light & assisted us with our next day plans for traveling to Glasgow. Breakfast was superb and offered in a light room filled overlooking Mary Ann's extraordinary garden. I'd certainly stay here again were I to return to Inverness

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am delighted that you are letting people know about St Ann's. It is in an ideal location for some great eat places ( the Mustard Seed is the restaurant in the converted church) and Hootenanny's is a top music venue - and only one of a number of great pubs with music ( and they are all free).I do hope you find time to re-visit Inverness - and St Ann's - it's the ideal location for seeing such a diverse number of attractions.
Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

'This was my second visit to St. Annes House and was as wonderful as the first. The Hosts' are friendly, helpful and just excellent in every respect. The host is so knowledgable about the area, how to get around and everything a visitor needs to fully enjoy what Inverness Scotland has to offer. One of the best stays I've every had....out of visits to 73 different countries!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
73 countries is an impressive tour list and I am delighted that we're up there with the best places you have stayed in. Certainly when it comes to your welcome we do try to pull out all the stops because I know how important it is to make a guest feel at ease and comfortable enough to ask questions and to find out what will make their trip to the North of Scotland memorable. It was great to see you back once more - a real pleasure having you and your wife stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Great b&b. we had a triple occupancy room (room#6). We were warmly welcomed by the owner, Bob. He gave us directions into Inverness and tips on what to visit and were to eat. The breakfast was excellent with fresh fruits, cereals and a choice of several warm meals. Everything was very tasty. We appreciated also the outdoor garden. What a great place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
St Anns H, Owner at St Ann's House, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We always appreciate feedback from guests so thank you for taking time to review St Ann's Whether you come for the scenery, track down ancestral homes, visit castles or just chill out in one of the bars or restaurants that line historic River Ness I can usually help point you in the right direction. Thank you once more for staying at St Ann's House.