“A really friendly and nice place”
Review of St Ann's House

St Ann's House
Ranked #10 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The first time we got there, the owners weren't at home, but they made sure someone was there to help us getting set in our room, which was incredible! They gave us tips on what to see and how to get there, and they cooked for us one of the best steak pies we've ever had! We highly recommend this B&B... Míriam & Joel

Room Tip: Ask (if you can) for a room with views to the garden.. it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed in this B&B for one night and found it to be pleasant, bright, clean and fresh, The hosts were polite and friendly without being intrusive. I had booked for a single room with private facilities, but owing to a vacancy I was upgraded free of charge to the twin ensuite, which was lovely. The bathroom was very clean, as was the whole B&B. The property is on a pleasant street; although Harrowden Road is busy, my room was very quiet and I was not disturbed by any noise. Breakfast was very good indeed - I had a cooked breakfast, but I noticed the other options (fruit, yogurt, soda bread, cold meat and cheese...) looked very nice as well. Breakfast is served in a sunny conservatory overlooking a bright and well kept back garden. The B&B's location is about a 10-15 minute walk from the city centre and all amenities, in a pleasant street of well kept sandstone houses and flats. I feel the B&B was good value for money, especially for its central location in the capital of the Highlands. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had the great pleasure to stay at St Ann's during the recent Blas music festival, and had a wonderful stay! The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. The hosts are just amazing-from the breakfast spread, which was outstanding(fresh fruit platters, irish soda bread and a great view out to the beautiful back garden). At 6months pregnant-all the thoughtful touches like carrying bags, the occasional cup of tea, and the cheese toastie were gratefully received. I would definitely recommend this- as a touring musician, I have stayed many nights in various hotels, guest houses and B&Bs over the years and this establishment is up there with the best. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed for one night at the start of our weekend, after flying into Inverness late on a Friday night.

Bob was very helpful and let us check in late at nearly 10 in the evening and was happy to suggest places nearby to get a drink.

We stayed in a pretty, double room (nice size), at the front of the property. There was a good selection of tea's and coffee, with some biscuits and mints left in the room.

Had a really nice breakfast the following morning and meet Mary Anne who I believe was responsible for the food. I started off with pancakes with fresh fruit (good selection) and maple syrup, followed by a cooked breakfast. As you can imagine I didn't need to eat until the evening.

Although we were heading further South to explore the Lochs, Bob suggested a location further North which is a good spot to see dolphins.

I would recommend St. Ann's to anyone wanting to visit Inverness and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very nice welcome from Bob and his wife. We were travelling with 3 mountain bikes and big luggages, Bob offered to use his garage to mount our bikes. Thanks a lot for this!
Breakfast and triple room were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were late arriving, but Bob welcomed us with excellent directions to a local restaurant for a late dinner. When the internet connection went weak, Bob went the extra mile to get it re-established. The breakfast options were excellent, and the proximity to down town was close enough to walk, but far enough to be quiet even with the windows open. Great experience. Would happily recommend to all.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

There was little to fault this B&B. The room that I choose was a single room with a private bathroom. I choose this room as it had a bath as well as a shower, which is what I prefer. The en-suite rooms, which are naturally more convenient, seemed to have a shower only, but I may be wrong. The room was small, but there was a spacious and well equipped lounge for the use of guests. The room had all the facilities that you might expect, despite its size, including a TV, wireless internet etc. There was free on the road parking outside the B&B, and a couple of small parking spaces off the road. It was just a few minutes walk into Inverness itself, wihich has a good selection of restaurants etc. Breakfast was good, with plenty of fresh fruit, and a choice of cooked breakfast or continental breakfast. The cooked breakfast did not include a fish choice, which was a shame. I would thoroughly recommend this B&B, and the price charged was very comeptitive.

Room Tip: Ask the proprietors for what you want, and if they can provide it, they will.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business