“the best place to stay in Inverness”
Review of St Ann's House

St Ann's House
Ranked #5 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Stornoway
“the best place to stay in Inverness”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stay at Bob and Mary at St annes whenever I visit Inverness and I am the sort of person that likes to try different places to stay. However the warmth of the welcome, the excellent clean and comfy rooms and the high quality food served make seem pointless to deny myself the pleasure of staying at st annes.

Bob and Mary Ann are extremely knowledgable about the local area and are very friendly and helpful, on more than one occasion Bob has driven me to the train station (it was raining) and when I stayed with my wife on the eve of our wedding there was a splendid bottle of champagne waiting on our bed!

The rooms are all spotlessly clean with comfortable beds. The breakfasts are freshly prepared and served in the dining room overlooking the meticulously maintained garden, its like eating breakfast looking at a living Monet painting.

a great place to stay !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Carmichael, California
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed in the "family room" on the first floor which was perfect for my young granddaughter (and nice for the other guests, too). Bob and Anne's knowledge of the area and their incredible hospitality made us feel at home even before we arrived. Everything was so clean and comfortable. Their home is conveniently located near town and near the canal for some lovely walks. Definitely will stay here the next time I come to Inverness.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nahant, MA
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was impressed with St Ann's well before I arrived--as I was planning my trip, co-owner Bob was kind enough to help me with train schedules and referred me to the Jacobite Cruise, a highlight of my visit to Inverness. That introduction to St Ann's proved just a glimpse into the "above & beyond" kindness and hospitality he and his wife Mary Anne provided me. The B & B itself is a jewel--immaculate and tasteful with a wonderful art collection and lovely Victorian architectural details. My room was a quiet and lovely, the bed incredibly comfortable--one of my best night's sleep during my 2.5 weeks in Scotland. The backyard garden is a peaceful and beautiful sanctuary. Breakfast was delicious. All in all, it would be hard to give higher marks!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Everything you would expect from a top class B&B, but more. Bob and Mary Anne's hospitality is second to none. Friendly, welcoming and most helpful. They went out of their way to help me out of a jam and would have done more if required. I can't thank them enough.

This was my second stay in Inverness and my second time at St Ann's House. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else now.

10 mins stroll to town centre, clean, warm, comfortable, safe, welcoming, helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The room is so clean and white like a dream place. Hosters' hospitality made our hearts so warm as we stay in my own home. They even served us a lunch since we missed the morning Ness cruise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingen, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a fabulous B&B. Bob and Mary Anne were generous and charming and the accommodation is stylish and very comfortable. The rooms are spacious, with a comfortable lounge as well as dining room. Great beds. A lovely garden and a very pleasant walk into town. I hardly ever rate 5 stars but St Ann's House is a must.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed January 20, 2012

A lovely house and warm welcome, beautifal garden. Lovely room, amazing breakfast. Owners were lovely. welcoming and very helpful. Just a perfect stay all round.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple