“It's by far the most cosy and fabulous stay for me !”
Review of St Ann's House

St Ann's House
Ranked #11 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2011

A very nice and homely place to stay especially after a long trip. When I arrived, Bob - the owner, showed me around the house and gave me some ideas of where to visit. My room is cute and very clean. Breakfast was excellent, I especially loved the home-made tangerine jam made by Maryanne. I must say, having breakfast in their dining room and overlooking their gorgeous garden was the highlight of my stay there.

I am very lucky that I got to know both Bob and Maryanne. They are very helpful, nice and kind. After knowing that I had booked a tour to Loch Ness, Bob checked the weather forecast and even phoned the tour company for me to postpone my visit for a day. I wish I could stay there for a longer period....... I miss them!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for St Ann's House

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Very lovely place, well taken care of and spotlessly clean. Our host, Bob, is a very warm and smily person, very eager to provide any assistance and information. Great breakfast, lovely garden. Many thanks again Bob!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The owners are incredibly nice people; very concerned with your comfort and enjoyment.
Breakfast was excellent, and they have a very nice garden in the back to enjoy.
My only real complaint was the bed. I found it somewhat lumpy and uncomfortable. We were only there for 1 night, so it wasn't a huge issue.
Still, very good value for money. If they change out the mattresses with something better, they'd get 5 stars from me.
As it is, if I were visiting Inverness again, I'd try another B&B first, because of the bed issue.
However, if no other quality B&B were available, I would not hesitate to come back to St. Ann's.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iDogbert
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Very helpful owner's Bob and Mary Ann. A lovely garden. 10 minutes walk to city centre. Warm and welcomning atmosphere. Nicely decorated room and comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Maryanne and Bob went out of their way to make me feel at home during my stay. As soon as I arrived (which was actually before official check-in time), Maryanne showed me my room, and made sure I had everything I needed. And, she gave me some great ideas for walks and birdwatching. My room was comfortable and quiet and overlooked their glorious garden. Breakfast was wonderful, and included Scottish-grown produce (the raspberries were a real treat!). Once Bob saw that I loved watching the garden and the birds, he made sure that I got the "best seat" every morning (this sounds like a small detail, but it was typical of Bob and Maryanne's kind but unobtrusive attentiveness). When my cell phone died (shame on you, Vodafone!), Bob offered me their house phone (he also offered me their computer and printer so that I could print out my last-minute flight documents). When I asked about live Scottish music, he telephoned a friend and then suggested Hootenanny, which was a lot of fun. All in all, I had a great visit. Thank you both!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MarinaUsa
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Overall a pleasant stay. The hosts Bob and Mary were very hospitable; Bob's great advice and Mary's warmth shone through - thoroughly nice couple. One small point - shower was slightly small. But don't let that put you off - would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Excaliburr
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My wife, daughter and I had a fantastic four night stay at St. Ann's House. I don't have one negative word to say about our stay. The room was lovely and the breakfast was delicious with a wide range of choices. Best of all, Bob and Mary Ann were warm and helpful hosts. They were always available to help us with directions, advice, or anything else we needed. They never made us feel like we were a bother. Bob even let me use his binoculars when we were doing some sight seeing. If I'm ever in that area again, I'll be sure to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family