“Perfect Place To Start Off My Vacation.”

and 1 more site!
Ardgarry Guest House
Ranked #145 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I discovered this place through Airbnb and very pleased with the decision. My room was what I expected in a guest house; a clean sizeable room with a TV. Garry was an amazing host right the start. He suggested a number activities that be done in and around Inverness plus offered some suggestions as to where to eat. And the prepared breakfast was fantastic. As for location, it was a short walking distance from central Inverness, and the bus and train station.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Dennis L

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Inverness and the surrounding area is really unique and quite beautiful. First time there and would not have had nearly the great time we did without the helpful people at Ardgarry - esp Garry! The owners were so welcoming and were very sensitive to our special needs. Their knowledge of the local area was very helpful and we followed their advice on some side trips and was not disappointed. The breakfast was the best we had in Europe and it was very generous. The room was charming and we had a lovely view of the street and the quaint atmosphere. The sitting room had a nice library and yes, I even watched tv which was cool.

Room Tip: Our room had a large corner window that had a great view of the street which had so much charm I tho...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Travel4Bizz
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was our first night in Scotland from Canada so we didn't know what to expect. Garry was a wonderful host, his parents were there also and all the family couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. They gave us great info for visiting the sights and we were very glad we had booked here. The location is perfect for walking into the main part of town, breakfast was excellent and everything was clean and comfortable. Would stay again in a minute. The family went above and beyond to make sure you were happy and taken care of... thanks it was great!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed for one night in a one bed room. Service was really friendly, room was clean with everything I needed and overall just really accommodating helping out with anything you need. The breakfast is tasty too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
12  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Garry is a very nice guy, helpfull and welcoming.
The room was comfty and nice.
Breakfast nice and varied.

thank you for everything Garry.
highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Naor B
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed here as part of my LEJOG cycle last year. I had booked the B&B a few weeks before and had agreed that I would check in at 2pm. I was running late on the day but the owner rang me and awaited my arrival. It is quite easy to find the B&B as it is on one of the main roads into Inverness and only about 10 mins walk away from the centre. The owners very kindly locked my bike in there shed in the garden which although was not securely locked was secure enough for me as my single room over looked the shed. The room was small but very clean with the bathroom next door. I did not have breakfast as I left early but the owner very kindly put some milk and cerael out for me to have before my trip. Would highly recommend to stay here as the B&B and Inverness are both lovely.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
12  Thank Gasman6331
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed in Ardgarry overnight for a job interview. Garry could not have been more helpful. The room was warm and clean with everything I needed. The breakfast was exactly what I wanted and most importantly there was real coffee for breakfast! I used to stay in hotels/B&Bs all over the UK and Ireland 3-4 nights a week for 5 months of the year for work and this is by far the most friendly and welcoming Guest House I've ever stayed in. I've already recommended to several friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business