“Wonderful Trip”

and 1 more site!
Craig Villa Guest House
Ranked #46 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2012

One of the best parts of our trip was staying at bed and breakfasts, and this place was absolutely wonderful. It was very cozy, beautiful, and Alison was so friendly and sweet. She made us feel like old friends rather than strangers just passing through town. The food was excellent and of course the city itself was beautiful. I would highly recommend staying here! It will only add to your experience of Scotland!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hi there, thank you for your lovely review, we really do appreciate it. We try hard to make guests feel at home while they are here and I'm very pleased it came across and you were relaxed and happy! I can't thank you enough for saying that staying at Craig Villa would enhance your experience of Scotland - what more could we ask for! That's the biggest compliment! Best wishes for the future folks, maybe see you again! Alison xx

Reviewed July 7, 2012

It was raining, and I was tired, but as Alison the owner opened the front door and greeted me, I felt I came to stay at a right place. I usually don't talk with strangers, but within a few minutes I was comfortably chatting with her.

The room was absolutely clean and well prepared.

I was greatly impressed to learn that Alison even remebered the name of a Japanese guest who stayed three years ago. The way she talked about him was so kind that she warmed my heart.

I was realy happy to chose this B&B after reading other travelers' comments about Craig Villa Guest House.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is very much appreciated. Unfortunately the weather hasn't improved any since you were here, still miserable! It was lovely chatting with you, I always find that part particularly great, people are interesting and you can learn a lot! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Scotland! take care, maybe we'll meet again. Alison x

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My mum and I stayed here for 1 night recently whilst visiting family in the area. The guest house is very conveniently situated less than a 5 minute walk from the main centre of Inverness near a host of restaurants and shops. It is also approximately a 5 minute drive from the A9 or A82 to various attractions in the area.

When we arrived we were unsure where to park however the owner Alison was on the case straight away and told us where to go to park up safely. Once inside Alison greeted us like old family friends and seemed genuinely pleased to see us, even although she was suffering with a dose of the cold! She explained 'the rules' to us in an easy manner and was kind enough to advise us they kept a house cat, Maffi, and asked if we had allergies or were scared at all of her, if so she would keep her away from guest areas.

Our room really couldn't be faulted. A twin room facing on to the back of the property. Tastefully decorated, not old fashioned but not uber modern, beautiful furniture and well lit with a variety of lamps and celing lights. The beds had a memory foam mattress, which proved to be extremely comfortable, and were made with fresh clean, white linen. We had an en-suite shower room, well stocked with almost everything you could need for a night or 2 away! The shower itself was a good size, not the dreaded child size cubicle and no mouldy shower curtain in sight!
If it is needed there is a, rather large, television mounted on the wall, which I am sure would have been used if we were staying longer. The room is equipped with a travel sized kettle, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits, tea pot, sugar, milk . . . . . and best of all, bottled water, which really was a great touch as I forgot to take some in with me that evening!

Breakfast really was brilliant! A choice of cereals, yougurt, muffins, fresh coffee, a variety of teas, fresh fruit salad and also a menu with an array of choices. I settled on the bagel with cream cheese and salmon. Gorgeous!

My only complaint is that we were not able to stay another night or more!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Oh my, what a wonderful couple of ladies you are! What an absolute pleasure to have met you if only very briefly and thank you very much for the great review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and it was lovely chatting with you in the morning after breakfast. I am very open to constructive suggestions on how to improve as it helps move the business forward. Particularly with the competition being so high around here! With luck we'll meet again in the not too distant future, best wishes Alison xx

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed for two nights. On arrival we were warmly greeted by Alison the owner. Location is superb for accessing the city centre, just a few minutes walk. Our room, a double at the front of the house, was clean, comfortable and cosy. Alison is full of information, as you would expect from a top class host, about local attractions, restaurants etc.
We visited 'The Kitchen' restaurant, and were not disappointed, but book your table!
Breakfast at Craig Villa was enjoyable, again Alison making sure you get plenty.
All in all, worth the room tariff, would definitely stay again if in the area, have already recommended Craig Villa to relatives.
Inga and Ed.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank edrog
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Hi guys, thank you so much for your review, it's means a huge amount! I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay, it was great having you here! I think your 'special purchase' made this trip particularly wonderful didn't it, I was quite envious when you were on your way out to dinner all made up and sparkling! Great bargain! Also, thanks for recommending Craig Villa to other folk, it's much appreciated. Hopefully we'll meet again. All the best, Alison xx

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night by default as the booking I had made with Hotels.com had messed up. The guest house I was supposed to stay in arranged for me to stay at Craig Villa and I have to say i think it was a blessing in disguise. Alison was super friendly and the room was perfect with a good walk in shower room and a lovely room with beautiful white prisine bedding. I would thoroughly recommend staying here, excellent!

Room Tip: The road at the front is rather busy so if traffic noise would be a problem then ask for a room at t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JintyC44
Alison M, Owner at Craig Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Hi there, thank you very much for posting your review about Craig Villa. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure to meet you and look after you for the night. Sometimes good things are found by default and I'm glad you feel that way about here. Maybe we will meet again in the not too distant future, best wishes Alison x

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed for one night in one double and one twin (for my college aged son and daughter). Alison was so welcoming and allowed us to check in early. Her attention to details was wonderful. She gave us a quick rundown of the area, some suggestions on where to eat as well as directions to a new Primark in town! She even gave us a coupon to use at Indian Ocean where we had booked for dinner.
The rooms were bigger than those at other B&B's we stayed at. She supplied extra lotions, some nice snacks and the Wifi signal was good in our rooms. Breakfast was very nice and then Alison allowed us to leave our luggage after we checked out so that we could walk into town for a bit before leaving Inverness.
I thought that we got very good value for our stay and would not hesitate to recommend Craig Villa to others.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank L L C
Maffy42, Owner at Craig Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Hi folks, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, we very much appreciate it. It makes me feel really good to know you had a nice, comfortable stay and that you left refreshed and happy. That is our first and foremost priority - good bed, good shower, good breakfast and if the host/hostess is nice then it's a bonus lol! You were lovely guests to look after and maybe we'll meet again sometime. Best regards, Alison

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed for five nights in total (went across to Plockton for 3 nights in the middle of the week). Alison could not have made us more welcome, and she was always willing to make the time to chat to us, no matter how busy she was. We had the downstairs room with the king-size bed. The room is beautifully furnished, the en-suite shower room is modern and very well equipped, and the bed is the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Then there are are the little extras such as a range of toiletries, fluffy bath robes, pen and paper, sweets, and shortbread. The breakfast menu has lots of options, the food is excellent, and the portions are generous to say the least! The location is ideal for making the short walk into Inverness for restaurants, shops, and the excellent theatre/cinema. I've stayed at lots of B&Bs/Guesthouses over the years and Craig Villa is definitely in my top three. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hollygem

Hi there, thank you very much for posting such a great review. It was entirely my pleasure having you to stay. We had some great chats didn't we about all sorts! I hope you've managed to find all the components required to make an even comfier bed than you have already i.e memory foam, mattress topper etc. I love my bed (it's memory foam too) but I don't get as much time as I would like actually in it lol! Thanks again folks and maybe we'll see one another again soon. Best wishes, Alison