“Warm welcome”

and 1 more site!
Lynver Guest House
Ranked #3 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Lynver house was a trial to locate, not because it's out of the way, but because the gps couldn't unwind itself from the downtown. Having said that, it was very nice and clean and Phil, the owner was more than ready to explain the house to us. We walked back into town and had dinner later; had to leave early after breakfast to move on.
Breakfast was wonderful, and other guests were fun to talk with!
Only drawback was that it was a bit overheated - we had to leave a window open overnight!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lynver Guest House

Reviewed February 28, 2014

FACT: The ration from people to B&Bs in Inverness is 1:8.

With that said, you're probably wondering where the best place is to stay. There are so many accommodations in Inverness, yet there are only a few that are actually accommodating.

Lynver is probably number one. No, I did not stay in other B&Bs, but I'm entitled to my own opinion. Allow me to support my statement.

There are a few B&Bs on that block alone. Lynver seems to be the only one that always has their "No Vacancies" sign up. When you arrive, the lovely Michelle greets you with a smile as genuine as your own mothers. We were shown our room and then I began to cried. We were so drained, and right in front of our eyes was a huge, comfortable bed. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't wake up once during the night. I cried even more when I took a shower in the large, private bathroom. The water pressure felt so good, like a Swedish woman pounding my back. I returned to the bed and fell sound asleep.

In the morning, I cried some more because the breakfast was so delicious. Brian, Michelle's lovely husband, cooked us a full Scottish breakfast. I went back up to my room after finishing up and cried some more because I felt like I gained weight. Michelle and Brian sent us off with a heartwarming farewell, which brought some tears to my eyes.

I guarantee you that Lynver will make you cry out of joy. If you stay elsewhere in Inverness, you may cry for other reasons.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was a very nice B&B within walking distance of the city center. We loved the parking at the front of the house and the breakfast was excellent. We walked to dinner that night and we could have chosen one of a number of places to eat as they were that close. The rooms were spacious and the bath was excellent as it was not too small.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at Lynver twice now as a base for tours around the Highlands. My favourite feature of Lynver is the powerful roomy shower. Too often, I've pitched up at B&B's around the country to find a shower stall crammed into a small space with only a dribble of Luke warm water. Not so at Lynver!
Food was excellent, service excellent, location excellent so what more could you want.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We made our reservation so that we could stay close to town and be able to walk. This Guest House was perfect. They had parking right in front. The home was newly remodeled with nice large bedrooms with 110v available to charge all our equipment! The location could not have been better and the food was great. The owners were so very friendly and helpful. I would most definitely recommend this Guest House to my own family and friends !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

of 20+ B&Bs that we've stayed in thus far, this is THE most comfortable. Hands down. i know there's so much more to an accommodation besides the bed, but when you're 6 days into a cross-country road trip, good sleep is essential.

Ok, the rest of the place was great too. it was easy to get to city center by car (we drove a rental & parked in the garage). Ample parking. the rooms were quaint, spacious with all the bells & whistles. Think: nice hotel. breakfast was great. service to match. the whole stay was very pleasant. would do again, if ever in the area - highly recommend....for more than just a good night's sleep =)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our second visit in a short space of time and we are looking forward to returning again. Michelle and Brian were the perfect hosts and breakfasts were superb. We had the same room which made us feel at home. Great base for Inverness and easy travelling to the Black Isle, Loch Ness and along the Moray Firth.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple