This review is long long overdue, since we visited Strathness over a year ago, but if we are ever in Inverness again, we would pick this place in a heartbeat. The most wonderful part of this converted-mansion is its location. Situated right on the banks of River Ness, the hotel is walking distance from the train station, the bus stations, the Inverness Castle and all the famous markets and pubs in Inverness. Just walking along the banks of the river can make for a lovely evening.
The next best thing is how wonderfully pampered you feel when you get there. Joan welcomed us with a warm greeting when we arrived late in the evening and led us up to our room on the second floor. The rooms are quaint, cosy and beautiful. We did not have a room overlooking the river - but the view of the city rooftops was beautiful as well. Javed was a lovely host and helped us plan our trip to nearby Whiskey Breweries.The chef was a dear lady who brightened up our mornings with a lovely breakfast, and even packed us a delicious lunch (complete with a juice box and crisps) one day for us to carry when we were out hiking.
The third best thing are the beds - we have lived in hotels across the world, but rarely have we come across beds as comfortable as the ones in Strathness - we slept like babies!
After 2 days in Strathness, we weren't ready to leave and asked for an extension. Though they were booked out of double rooms, Javed helped us move into a single room with an extra bed- which, also, was very very comfortable.
Strathness still remains one of our favourite places to stay - can't wait to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland