This was our first time staying in a guest house, and we were very impressed. We stayed one night the 10th of August 2013. We loved the location along the river Ness, a short walk to the bridge into the center of town, very quiet, and in what we thought was the best area in town. The guest house wasn't just clean throughout, it was more like brand new. Our room overlooked the river across the street, and most important had a comfortable bed and spotless bathroom. During our breakfast our hostess continued checking back to see if we needed anything. We spent some time chatting with the proprietors Javed Hussain and Jean Smith about running a guest house and their pride as owners and operators was clearly evident. We highly recommend staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian terraced townhouse, set on the banks of the river Ness and overlooking the Inverness Castle. Strathness House is a family-run guest house with all the facilities of a small hotel. Of the twelve rooms, eight have beautiful river and castle views. Situated in a prime area of the city centre, it is the ideal place to stay in Inverness where emphasis is placed on the guest with the personal service that is given by the staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Strathness House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathness House Hotel Inverness
- Strathness House Inverness, Scotland