“Superb as always, great value.”
Review of Strathness House

and 1 more site!
Strathness House
Ranked #19 of 234 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've stayed here several times now and am consistently impressed by the service, the rooms are spotlessly clean with tea / coffee making facilities, hair dryers, free WIFI and the breakfast is great, lots to choose from and all of it delicious.

Ideally located on the banks of the river ness within 5 minutes walk of some good restaurants. There are some good running routes along the river and beyond.

Easy parking on the street which is free from 5pm to 10am, its very cheap in between.

Nice big comfortable beds.

Room Tip: River view rooms are good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BarrieS2

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for one night before leaving Inverness to drive down to Cumbria. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and there was a great view of the Ness River from our window. The service was excellent and very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Raymond V
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here in mid-November on business for 4 nights. I can't recommend Strathness House enough...I stay in hotels & guesthouses a lot with work and none have been better than here. Joan and Javed are fantastic and the rooms are spotlessly clean. The view from river facing rooms is well worth the minimal additional cost. I had to leave early every morning before breakfast was available so Joan made me a sandwich to take with me every day...can you ask for more than that...I don't think so!!! Would definitely recommend for anyone visiting Inverness and I will certainly stay here again on my next trip to the area.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Becky S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We arrived late evening without pre booking and were lucky enough to be offered a room Stayed for two nights in a lovely clean comfortable room with a great view of River Ness. Breakfast was excellent. Ideally situated for town center and will definitely book in the Strathness if ever in Inverness again.

Mr+Mrs Burgess

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alister B
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This review is long overdue as we stayed at the Strathness House for 3 nights at the end of May. We enjoyed out stay so much that we wanted to post this review and share our thoughts on our visit. We had 2 rooms, one for my wife and me and one for my son and daughter-in-law. The hotel was charming with a great view of the River Ness. This was a really convenient location with a short walk to downtown shopping, restaurants, walking trail around the river and an easy drive to Loch Ness, Cawdor Castel, and Culloden. The host, Joan & Javed, were exceptional! They truly understood customer service and went above and beyond to insure our stay was pleasant. They were welcoming and friendly, had great recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants and even opened their lounge after hours to accommodate a Skype conversation with our 2 year old granddaughter back in the United States. Thanks Joan & Javed for an excellent experience! We will definitely come back should our travels take us to Inverness again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gail D
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Be aware that this guesthouse has a no children under the age of 5 house policy. This is apparently due to "feedback" that noisy children / crying babies disrupted the peace. Of course this may be a positive feature for many but for us, with an extremely well behaved and well travelled under 5 who causes significantly less disruption than many older children, it meant I had to cancel a few minutes after booking. Despite this being within 24 house, the owners have offered to refund the first night.

Room Tip: Don't bring a pre-schooler
Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank notfarnow
texavilla, Owner at Strathness House, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Yes, this is our House Policy “no children under the age of 5 “and yes this is a very positive feature that is very much appreciated by our guests.
We both love children and we also love pets, but they are not part of our Business.
It is clearly stated on our website and on our booking form that a child requires to be 5 and over.
The fact that this prospective guest understandably believes that her child is well behaved but this is only her belief and may or may not be shared with others. This is something that we have experienced many times.
This particular booking was cancelled immediately and at no time was payment ever taken for it to be “refunded”. It was also a booking for one night only and not for more as this person leads you to believe.
It is very unfair and unjust that this reviewer has scored us with 2 stars, as she did not stay with us or meet us. Her quibble was due to her being angry at herself for not reading the conditions before she booked. On the telephone she came across to be fiery and inpatient as she tried to convince us of how “well behaved, “her daughter was!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I travelled for a family funeral, my room was very comfortable and the welcome and attentive service are faultless, the breakfast is excellent. Strathness is not a boutique hotel, nor is it a 4* international, but it sits proudly at the top of the list of easy places to stay. It's position is wonderful, right on the banks of the river, with excellent walks and entertainment on your doorstep, I went to the theatre and walked the banks of the Ness and the Ness Islands more than once. I have no hesitation in recommending Strathness, if you are looking for locally owned and run fuss free high quality bed and breakfast hotel accommodation at very reasonable rates. Park in the Cathedral car park.

Room Tip: I stayed at the back, in a single occupancy room, it was very quiet, but i would imagine the rooms i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family