Inverglen Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
Culloden House(Inverness)
$336
Cancelon
All reviewssusan and johnhomemade shortbreadwonderful hostsguest housebreakfast was deliciousa quiet residential areadinner reservationsrooms are spaciousresidents loungeon arrivalshort walkwarm welcomestayed longerwonderful staytown centreeach morningthought of everything
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed one night as my husband is a big football fan and his team was playing ICT. I went shopping and discovered a marvelous craft shop. The location was superb. We really enjoyed our stay. Excellent in all respects. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thanks so much for writing a review for us, and thanks also for the lovely hand made card that you sent us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you had lots of time whilst your hubbie was at the footie to check out the local craft shop - I'm no stranger to it myself!!

Hope to see you again next time your husband's team are playing at ICT. Kind regards, and seasons greetings, Susan & John

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and got great advice on where to eat in Inverness and what to see in the area. The room was comfortable and well maintained as was the entire property. We would gladly stay there again if we are ever in Inverness.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us - we are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to help you make the most of your time with us! We look forward to seeing you again if you ever come back to Inverness.

Kind regards, and seasons greetings! Susan & John

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I recently spent 6 days at Inverglen Guest House and never having stayed in a guest house was uncertain what to expect. I was warmly welcomed into the house with coffee and cake. My room was spacious, well appointed and immaculately clean with tea and coffee making facilities. I love the fridge on the guest landing. What a marvellous idea.

Oh, and the cute shower.

I was given a map of the area and things to do and see.

It is a beautiful house in a lovely area and is only a ten minute walk into Inverness. So convenient.

John and Susan are excellent hosts and nothing is too much trouble. It is a credit to them. I really enjoyed my stay. I have recommended it to all my ever travelling friends in here in Australia (complete with photos).

I will definitely stay again on my next trip.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank solotraveller92012
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! You certainly made the most of your 6 days in Inverness, and I was quite exhausted just looking at your itinerary, but I suppose if you come all the way from Brisbane to visit the Highlands, you want to see as much as you possibly can!!
I'm sure your pets were really pleased to see you come home, and thanks for recommending us to all your friends - we'd be delighted to see you again if you come back to Scotland!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a very good time based on our stay at Inverglen. With 6 friends we rode the trains of Northern Scotland. On arrival John and Susan welcomed us with tea and delightful cake. This was a convenient base for riding the trains, but it was great to return each evening to the welcome, and depart each morning fueled by a comprehensive breakfast. The bedrooms were spacious and warm, the beds comfortable. Happy to return any time, just hope that there is space.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear John

Thanks so much for writing a review for us. We're so pleased that your party enjoyed their stay with us, and it was great to meet you all.

It was a shame the weather wasn't so good for your trip up to Wick, but you did have a glorious day for the train over to Kyle of Lochalsh!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again if ever you venture up to the Highlands again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

John and Susan were very hospitable and helpful. They gave us great advice about the local sights that helped us plan our itinerary for the Inverness area.

They served a delicious breakfast on our 'relaxed' Friday morning there, and also went out of their way to make sure we had breakfast when we had to leave early on Saturday morning for Fort William. Very friendly people...we would stay here again!

Thanks so much!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Celia

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us - we're delighted that your group enjoyed your stay with us so much, and hope that you also had a fabulous time over in Fort William after you left us?