“Top quality in every way”

Inverglen Guest House
Ranked #1 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Largs, United Kingdom
“Top quality in every way”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and everything said already about this B and B is true and more! Good location 5-10 mins walk to centre, lovely warm room with super shower, homemade Scottish shortbread with your coffee every day , and breakfasts are just brill.. Special additional option choice each day... The orange French toast is amazing! John and Susan very friendly and easy going hosts! Deserves place as number 1 B and B in Inverness... And I've stayed in a lot of them and hotels

• Stayed March 2013
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us Michael. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, despite having to battle through the snow down in the borders to get here!

Susan will email you the recipe for her creamy orange french toast - glad you enjoyed it so much!!

Kind regards, Susan & John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
methuen
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay here. Our hosts were very hospitable. They were willing to go out of their way to help us in every way. We only wish we could have stayed longer. We were only about a 5-10 min walk to the center of town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks Stephanie for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate getting feedback from our guests, and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you had fun on the rest of your trip to Scotland and Ireland, and that you had a safe journey home. I think you left here just before the snowy conditions hit the UK, although we have only had a few centimetres of snow in Inverness.

We would be delighted to see you again for a longer visit, if ever you are in Inverness again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked Inverglen Guest house on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews and because I wanted one with wi-fi throughout. I was not disappointed and can now join the ranks of all of those who can highly recommend this B&B. It is simply excellent in every way and reflects the thought and care that has been taken by its owners John and Susan. It is situated in a quiet road yet only a few minutes walk from the centre. Our bedroom was most comfortable , our en suite bathroom immaculately clean and well equipped and our breakfasts absolutely delicious. Last but certainly not least was the warm and friendly hospitality of John and Susan. A good B&B is not just about clean sheets and a nice bathroom, important though these sorts of things are of course. Its really all about the people who run it and that's why this one is a winner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David J
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here, even though the purpose of your visit was for such a sad occasion. It was lovely to meet you both, and if you ever have to come up to Inverness again (hopefully for a happier family gathering) we hope you will come and stay with us!

Give our regards to the traffic on the M25 - it's one of the reasons we are so glad to have chosen to move up to the Highlands!! Hope it was behaving itself for your journey back from the airport.

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have stayed twice now at the Inverglen and both times Susan and John have ensured a warm welcome with coffee and homemade cake on arrival, even though this was quite late in the evening! The two rooms I have stayed in were very comfortable, spotlessly clean and well equiped.
Breakfast is great, with a good selection of freshly cooked dishes. John's stunning photopgraphs hang on many of the walls.

I have no qualms about thoroughly recommending this B&B, which is in a central but quiete area within handy walking distance from the train station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks Richard for taking the time to write a review for us. It's great to have feedback from our guests, and lovely when we see people come back more than once! If you're over in this direction again on business in the future, we hope to see you again.

Glasgow
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed 6 nights at Inverglen Guest House.
On arrival I was welcomed by John, the welcome was warm and friendly. I was shown to the guest lounge where tea and Susan's delicious home made baking was enjoyed.
I then met Susan who was also friendly and welcoming.
John gave me a map of Inverness and if I needed to know anything then I only had to ask.
I was shown to my room (room1) a double on the first floor over looking the back of the house.
The room was a good size well decorated, comfortable, clean cosy and warm.
I slept well as the house is very quiet and peaceful.
The bed was very comfortable with quality bedding which made for a good nights sleep.
Freeview tv, with wifi was available with no signal issues.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate with Susan's home made shortbread was provided and replenished daily.
There is a fridge on the landing where you can help yourself to bottled water and fresh milk in a jug.
The breakfasts are first class you have a choice of continental and a full cooked breakfast.
Susan is a good cook and baker, the produce is fresh and is cooked to order.
The breakfast sets you up for the day you will not go hungry.
There is a daily breakfast special which is displayed in the hall and beside the fridge on the first floor landing.
I highly recommend this guest house friendly, welcoming with excellent hosts who ensure that your stay is a good one.
The guest lounge on the ground floor is relaxing and comfortable with tv/dvd, cds, dvds, books and tourist information.
The whole house is immaculate.
Would I stay again - definitely.
Susan and John thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms would be of a high standard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review for us - it was great to meet you, and we are so pleased you enjoyed your winter break with us. Thank you again for the lovely orchid that you gave us when you left.

We hope you had a great trip home to Glasgow, and that your little kitten was pleased to see you on your return! We look forward to meeting you again in the future if you come back up to the Highlands.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

A great B&B ! Located in a small quiet street. We got the family room which was very spacious, and comfortable. The real gem was the amazing shower - the best we had in Scotland !! All the amenities were of high quality, which gave a general feeling of a modern hotel.
Our hosts were kind and helpful, and had great ideas for the evening hang out and the rest of our trip.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, and we are delighted that you enjoyed the shower!! It's always reassuring to get feedback that you are making improvements that benefit the guests, so we will consider the money spent on the new boiler and water tank well spent!

Hope you have great memories of your trip to Scotland, and if ever you are back this way again in the future, please come and stay again.

Wallingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I discovered on arrival that I was the only guest, but found myself quickly at ease with John & Susan. I don't always feel comfortable with 1-to-1 attention from a Photo tutor, but soon realized how privileged I was to have as much help as I got. In a short time John has acquainted himself with the beautiful Highlands, and took me to places I would never have found myself. I was pleasantly surprized to get started on the evening of my arrival, and to have an extra session on the morning of my departure day. I was dellghted to have the opportunity to get up at the crack of dawn to catch a sunrise! John's enthusiasm for his photography, and Susan's as a cook and hostess are an important factor in the appeal of this place. The bedroom and guest lounge were comfortable and spacious. I hope to return sometime.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Douglas for your kind review. We were so delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and left feeling relaxed and refreshed, with (hopefully) a camera full of prize winning images. You certainly braved the elements to get those shots, so we hope that the judges appreciate your efforts!!

It would be lovely to see you again, if ever your travels bring you back to the Highlands.