“Outstanding”

Inverglen Guest House
Ranked #2 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2012

John & Susan have achieved the perfect balance between courtesy and discretion, the breakfast service is exceptional and the room impeccable and very comfortable; under many aspects a better stay than a 5 star hotel. Keep up the good service to the community!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thanks for your kind review - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that you enjoyed your time up in the Highlands overall. It's always great to get feedback from our guests, as it helps us to know what we're doing right, and where we need to make improvements.

Should you ever choose to come back to the Highlands for a longer visit, please do come back and stay with us, as it was lovely to meet you both!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

John and Susan have worked hard to consider the comfort of their guests. The bed rooms are beautifully decorated with homemade shortbread to go with your early morning cuppa! The towels are soft and fluffy. Breakfasts are to die for and should you be around in the afternoon delicious slices of cake are offered. Truely great we will be going back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Inverglen.

It was amazing to find out that you shared close friends with Susan's God-mother, and just goes to show what a small world this is!! We hope you got some fantastic images on the photography course, and maybe some prize winners amongst them?

Look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the warm welcome we received on arrival, to the huge en-suite bedroom which we stayed in and the delicious breakfast we were served I could find no fault with anything .Excelent location, very comfortable an clean rooms. John and Susan were extremely friendly and helpful! The food was delicious! Perfect stay!!!! I wish coming back in the future!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aline B

Thanks Aline for your kind review, and we are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks also for the Cross Stitch book that you gave me, which I finished recently when we were on holiday - I am now a fellow addict and will have to read the rest of the series!

It was lovely to see your photos too - nice to be reminded of the warmth and sunshine on a cold and overcast November day!!

We hope to welcome you all back to our home again in the future, if you ever come back to the Highlands for a visit.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the moment that I arrived to tea and cake I knew that all of the 5 start reviews here were entirely justified. John and Susan were such welcoming hosts, really going out of their way to make you feel at home. The stay was an absolute pleasure, with amazing fresh breakfasts, a very comfortable and clean room and great advice for local touring and sightseeing (they even kindly printed a route for me on Google Maps of the places I was intending to visit).

This will be the first place I call on my return to Scotland. Thanks John and Susan - hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thanks so much for your kind review, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst you were in Inverness. We hope you will have time to visit again before you return back to New Zealand, as there are so many beautiful places to visit across the Highlands, and they change with every season, so you never will never tire of seeing them time and again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

One of the friendliest B and B's in my experience... and I've been to many. John and Susan were always willing to help out and nothing was too much bother. The breakfast were brilliant..... A 'real find' in one of my favourite Scottish Cities. I shall most definitely be back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us Anne - hope you had a safe journey home and enjoyed the rest of your weekend with Margaret? Also I hope your mother was delighted with that wonderful portrait - it was such a treat to get to see it!

Please do come back and stay whenever you are next in the Highlands, or en-route to Lewis!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Well, what can I say about Susan and John's Inverglen that hasn't been said already. I agree with all the positive points that have been said here. They were helpful from the day I booked to the few days before we were to travel by letting us know of the best places to eat, so we could book somewhere for when we arrive. And when we did arrive eventually, we were a few hours late, what a welcome! Susan prepared a pot of tea and coffee for mum and I and also two pieces of lovely homemade cake. We stayed for a full week and I didn't really have an itinerary as such, John and Susan gave as loads of ideas and let us know where the best weather would be. John even lent me his map one day and explained the most scenic routes to take to wherever we were heading. We had a full week and it worked perfectly, only saw a little rain on our last day, other than that we had blue skies.

Our room was lovely and the breakfasts were to die for, didn't have to eat a thing all day and if we did feel a bit hungry we would have the lovely homemade shortbread biscuits in our room. I loved that there was a fridge on the landing outside our room, so we could help ourselves to some extra milk for tea and coffee. Also there were bottles of water in the fridge for you to help yourself too which was a lovely touch, very generous.

As for the location of Inverglen, it couldn't have been better, it was in a quiet location on the edge of town, you had about 5-10 minute walk to somewhere to eat. Inverness has all the shops you need and more. I loved the fact that you only had to take a short drive and you would see the most spectacular scenery. I fell in love with Inverness and really felt like I wanted to live there. I felt like I made two really lovely friends in Susan and John and actually missed them after we left. I have already recommended Inverglen to a lot of friends. I think it was probably one of my best holidays ever. Thank you so much to you both! Lauren (sausage) and Carol x

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks Lauren and Carol for your lovely review - it really did feel like you came into our home as strangers and left as friends! We were so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us, and loved Inverness and the Highlands as much as we do. Mind, the weather has not been as good since you went home!!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future, kind regards, Susan & John

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Our stay at the Inverglen Guest House was delightful. John and Susan were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. John was an excellent host providing information on Inverness and the surrounding sites.

Highlights include the fantastic breakfast and the homemade shortbread!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank BeatenSuitcase
JohnF62, Owner at Inverglen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Inverglen, and thanks for writing a review for us. We hope you enjoyed the drive over to Skye, and that you managed to stop and admire the views along the way!

If you are ever back in the Highlands again, please remember there will always be a warm welcome for you, even if the weather is a bit chillier than you get in Canberra or Melbourne! Hope you enjoy your last few weeks in Cambridge before you head back home.