“Highlands Hospitality at it Finest!”

Ardconnel House B&B
Ranked #8 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A true blue Scottish B&B, the kind that reminded of the sort you found everywhere 30+/- years ago. My Mother and I stayed 5 nights and got a real feeling of home. Now that's not to say it's not modern- all mod cons and then some. It's the quiet, almost genteel hospitality of really staying in someone's home as an honored guest. Where to start... the neighborhood. Perfect. 10 minute walk to Castle Tavern, 10 minute walk to downtown Inverness. Plenty of parking, including a zone parking permit. Rooms were spotless and the loo and bathing facilities (en-suite) were very nice. The one thing that truly brought back memories was the "residents lounge" on the second floor which you almost never find anymore. A lovely place to get out of your room and watch telly or read or have a glass of sherry. Now the breakfast. Most places you find a cold continental and that's it. Not here. Every morning, in addition to the cold continental, was a made to order Scottish breakfast with the best poached eggs ever. I tried haggis and it was wonderful! But even more wonderful was Sue, the morning breakfast helper. I wanted to take her home and have her take care of me! John and Elizabeth are truly gracious hosts and I can't recommend enough their establishment. I'm already dreaming of a trip to Inverness next year and John, Elizabeth and Sue are in that dream! Also - we had to leave at 6am on our last day to catch a plane back to the States from Glasgow, and John was up with a picnic for us to take on the road so we wouldn't be starving! Wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NavyDawg

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The location was excellent, very close to the castle and river walk. Owners were very helpful on things to do, places to eat, etc.

The only downside was the shower was extremely loud. So loud you couldn't hear the tv when it was on. Fortunately couldn't hear the shower from the other rooms, so maybe it was just ours.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I came to inverness as a stop of our Scotland road trip. Having spent a night in a horrible hotel in Portree, Isle of Skye, we were particularly anxious to get a decent hotel or B&B that day.
Luckily, the stay at Ardconnel House was fantastic. The room was large, nicely decorated and, most importantly, very clean. The people at the B&B were very friendly and helpful with providing interesting information about what to do in Inverness and where to have dinner that evening. Breakfast the next morning provided variety and was generally of high quality. Additionally, the location of the place is excellent, as it is in a quiet area and at the same time in the middle of the city.
I can certainly recommend this B&B and will come back to stay there when I visit Inverness again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here and had a very pleasant visit. The location is very good, the B&B and room were cosy and spotless, the breakfasts were very tasty and filling and the owners were very friendly and extremely helpful and the overall customer service was exemplary. We would have no hesitation in returning (which we will do) or recommending this establishment to anyone. First Class! Also, Inverness is a lovely place and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian N
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed in Ardconnel House for 4 nights in May.Elizabeth and John were very kind and helpful to me from the start with their recommendations on dining out and places to visit. My room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were first class and Sue who helped out in the mornings with breakfast was a total gem. I really felt at home. To other tourists I would say if you are going to Inverness stay here. I will.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank james_plunkett1
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in May and were very pleased. The home is attractive and well kept; Elizabeth and John are gracious hosts who did all they could to make our stay comfortable; food was excellent; location was convenient to the city center shopping and entertainment areas; and the hosts were great sources of information to help us make the most of our stay in Inverness. Would absolutely recommend to anyone going to the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PBSpeakeasy
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If traveling to Inverness, you MUST stay at Ardconnel House! My 4 night visit was truly the highlight of my trip to Scotland and is the best experience I have ever had at a B&B. The house is beautiful and very clean, the rooms were comfortably equipped and felt like home (I slept like a dream each night). The breakfasts were delicious and Sue will ensure that you walk away stuffed and happy each morning. John and Elizabeth were the most gracious hosts, they went above and beyond to help us in so many ways. We incurred an unexpected charge from the rental car company (after they failed to supply us with the automatic vehicle that we originally requested) and upon hearing about our troubles later that evening, John offered to phone the car company and he successfully got that extra charge removed! He also took the time to lead me to the cheapest gasoline (for re-filling the rental) and even drove us back to the B&B. If that wasn't enough, he also went out of his way to make me vegetarian haggis for breakfast on my last day!
I could sing their praises all day long - I highly recommend staying here. I hope to return to the Highlands with my husband someday and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. The folks at Ardconnel House will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends