A true blue Scottish B&B, the kind that reminded of the sort you found everywhere 30+/- years ago. My Mother and I stayed 5 nights and got a real feeling of home. Now that's not to say it's not modern- all mod cons and then some. It's the quiet, almost genteel hospitality of really staying in someone's home as an honored guest. Where to start... the neighborhood. Perfect. 10 minute walk to Castle Tavern, 10 minute walk to downtown Inverness. Plenty of parking, including a zone parking permit. Rooms were spotless and the loo and bathing facilities (en-suite) were very nice. The one thing that truly brought back memories was the "residents lounge" on the second floor which you almost never find anymore. A lovely place to get out of your room and watch telly or read or have a glass of sherry. Now the breakfast. Most places you find a cold continental and that's it. Not here. Every morning, in addition to the cold continental, was a made to order Scottish breakfast with the best poached eggs ever. I tried haggis and it was wonderful! But even more wonderful was Sue, the morning breakfast helper. I wanted to take her home and have her take care of me! John and Elizabeth are truly gracious hosts and I can't recommend enough their establishment. I'm already dreaming of a trip to Inverness next year and John, Elizabeth and Sue are in that dream! Also - we had to leave at 6am on our last day to catch a plane back to the States from Glasgow, and John was up with a picnic for us to take on the road so we wouldn't be starving! Wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardconnel House is a perfect base for exploring the Scottish Highlands. Situated in a very quiet leafy street, guests are surprised to find it is only a few minutes walk from the city centre & all amenities, including numerous shops, restaurants, bus & rail stations. It is a very quiet and comfortable house, containing 6 comfortable & tastefully decorated bedrooms, a well appointed guest lounge with TV, DVD player, books magazines etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Ardconnel House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardconnel House Hotel Inverness
- Ardconnel House Bed And Breakfast
- Ardconnel House B&B Inverness, Scotland