“I recommend this B&B”

Ardconnel House B&B
Ranked #8 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I needed overnight accommodation whilst atending a business meeting. Ardconnel House is conveniently located less than five minutes from the train station, it is a very short walk. The number 11 and 11A bus from the Airport stop outside the train station. Check-In is from 15.00 but John was happy for me to drop everything in my room earlier at 14.00 as I had a meeting to attend. The room was very clean and the shower was incredible. The location was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. Good nights sleep! Excellent breakfast with a choice of fresh fruit, ham, cheese, croissant, cereal, full cooked breakfast or smoked Haddock and poached egg. fruit juice, tea and coffee. The rooms have wi-fi that is free to use. The owners and the staff are very friendly but not at all intrusive. The cost of £40 including breakfast represents excellent value

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at this bed & breakfast in feb and we were very pleased. John and Elizabeth are lovely,very helpful. House very clean and homely. Breakfast was great. Very close to shops and bars. A good choice of b & b all round.xx

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay at Ardconnel House! John and Elizabeth are wonderful, always helpful with suggestions on the best restaurants for dinner or lunch, directions to attractions and so much more. The breakfast is delicious ( I highly recommend the full breakfast with haggis) it was not what I expected and you have to try it! You can always count on Sue the helper at breakfast for recommendations on breakfast and a good laugh, she is delightful and we miss her already. We hope to visit again and look forward to seeing them all again. We would not stay anywhere else in Inverness.

Scottie & Terena

• Stayed: February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TerenaC
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I have just had a 3 night stay at Ardconnel House and I can only really echo what the last two reviews said as our experience was every bit as good as theirs. John and Elizabeth were extremely nice and very helpful and thoughtful towards us. Our room (they gave us a family room even though there were only the two of us) was nice and comfortable (as was the bed) and we were provided with everything we needed. There was a good choice for breakfast on the buffet table and the hot dishes were of good quality and nicely cooked. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ardconnel House to other visitors . I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I spent a few days in this exceptionally clean B+B. Elizabeth and John were very helpful and friendly. The cooked breakfast was extremely tasty. The street was quiet despite it being so close to the town centre, just a 5 minute walk. I will be recommending this B+B to my friends and colleagues and I will have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a great few days here. It s in a lovely part of Inverness- quiet but very central.
John and Elizabeth couldn t be more accommodating, striking a perfect balance between friendly and professional. I had a lovely single room in this fabulous house and would not hesitate to recommend it.
Hope to go again myself.

Kate

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have never written a review before but I felt that this B&B deserved the attention. I traveled with my parents for a 3 week self guided tour. Elizabeth and John were very very friendly. When Elizabeth learned that my mother was interested in a Scottish cookbook, she went on line and tried to find a copy for her. When I mentioned that I hadn't had scones for breakfast, Elizabeth made scones for the following morning. John helped us with parking our car and directions as well as helping to decide where to eat in the area. His choices were excellent. Sue helped serve breakfast in the morning. She was always friendly and cheery. We were discussing shortbread and the next morning she brought me a sample of caramel shortbread. Everyone in the B&B was exceptional. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family