The Ardconnel is like the weather in Scotland-Awesome! I don't know why people always complain about the weather in the U.K. Every time I come, it's sunny and beautiful. In the month that I was here, it rained maybe once for like 30 minutes.
Anyway, to get back to my review. My buddy found this B&B. I wanted to stay at a hotel, but I'm glad I didn't. When traveling around Inverness, B&B's are the way to go. The road that the Ardconnel is on(which also happens to be Ardconnel) is basically a B&B street. There are plenty of B&Bs to choose from. I wont bad mouth any of the other ones because i didnt really take a look at them, but I would recommend the Ardoconnel. The rooms were cozy, the breakfast was great (I am now a believer of haggis), and the staff were so friendly. They were a nice old couple, but I cant remember their names unfortunately. The Ardconnel is walking distance to most everything. If I ever went back to Inverness, I would definitely stay at a B&B, and I would then most definitely make that B&B the Ardconnel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ardconnel House is a perfect base for exploring the Scottish Highlands. Situated in a very quiet leafy street, guests are surprised to find it is only a few minutes walk from the city centre & all amenities, including numerous shops, restaurants, bus & rail stations. It is a very quiet and comfortable house, containing 6 comfortable & tastefully decorated bedrooms, a well appointed guest lounge with TV, DVD player, books magazines etc. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ardconnel House Hotel Inverness
- Ardconnel House Bed And Breakfast
- Ardconnel House B&B Inverness, Scotland