“It's Always Sunny in Scotland”

Ardconnel House B&B
Ranked #9 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Ardconnel is like the weather in Scotland-Awesome! I don't know why people always complain about the weather in the U.K. Every time I come, it's sunny and beautiful. In the month that I was here, it rained maybe once for like 30 minutes.

Anyway, to get back to my review. My buddy found this B&B. I wanted to stay at a hotel, but I'm glad I didn't. When traveling around Inverness, B&B's are the way to go. The road that the Ardconnel is on(which also happens to be Ardconnel) is basically a B&B street. There are plenty of B&Bs to choose from. I wont bad mouth any of the other ones because i didnt really take a look at them, but I would recommend the Ardoconnel. The rooms were cozy, the breakfast was great (I am now a believer of haggis), and the staff were so friendly. They were a nice old couple, but I cant remember their names unfortunately. The Ardconnel is walking distance to most everything. If I ever went back to Inverness, I would definitely stay at a B&B, and I would then most definitely make that B&B the Ardconnel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael A
There are newer reviews for Ardconnel House B&B

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Assuming finding somewhere to stay in November in Inverness would be easy I left booking until the last minute. Luckily the owners of Arconnel House had two rooms in the 'attic' so we were grateful for these. We were pleased when we saw the rooms as they were comfortable and well equipped and not as small as some B+Bs i've been to. The bathrooms were small but fine for a short stay and more importantly CLEAN!!!! In fact the whole place was spotless, warm and comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent and plenty of it. One of our party left a scarf in the sitting room and Elizabeth very kindly sent it on at her own cost.
I'll certainly be staying there again when I go up the Scotland next year, no hesitation.

Room Tip: Though the rooms we had were small they were very comfortable, warm and clean. I'm not sure if o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Set just above town and within easy walking distance, we stayed here one night.

While there seem to be a vast profusion of B and Bs in the immediate area we were very happy with our stay here and all the previous reviews were very accurate. Comfy bed, great breakfast, good wi fi, separate guest lounge, bathroom a bit small but I'm guessing they're all the same in this part of town.

FYI we ate at Cafe 1 in Castle street and its hardly worth taking your car unless its raining.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BruceFarquhar
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Thanks to Sue we got a room at the first floor thanks so much for that, all the extras in the room gives you such a luxurious feeling to be really a guest We enjoyed our breakfast very much. Thanks for all it was a pleasure to stay with you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gerard s
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My daughter and I stayed with John & Elizabeth early October and enjoyed their wonderful hospitality, terrific accommodation and listened to their helpful advice on what to see and do around the area. We can highly recommend you stay at Ardconnel House and spend a few days having a good look around the area, sadly we didn't get to spend more than 2 nights with these wonderful people. Look forward to heading back that way as soon as I can and will hopefully take my hubby with me next time.
Thanks once again to John & Elizabeth for sharing their time and knowledge and hospitality with us. Lyn & Angela Schneider, Toowoomba, Qld, Australia.

Room Tip: Any room in this B&B would be excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyn2105
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The stay was one of the highlights of our 2-week UK trip and it was the best place we have stayed in. John, Elizabeth and Sue were absolutely wonderful. They made you feel you are in good hands and well taken care of, it was our home away from home. The ensuite room was very spacious, cozy and clean with comfortable bed and pillows. The shower was fantastic. The B&B is located on a quite street but with a less than 5-minute walk to the city centre. We loved the guest lounge which was very homely. Breakfast was always something we looked forward to even the night before, especially the smoked haddock! I would recommend Ardconnel House to everyone!

Thank you once again John, Elizabeth and Sue for making our trip to Scotland a wonderful one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IreneFish
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Comfortable room, pleasant library/sitting room, and outstanding breakfasts. Squeeky clean and tastefully decorated. Best of all are the hosts, Elizabeth and John. They go out of their way to ensure their guests are well taken care off. We definitely recommend Ardconnel House to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple