“We Enjoyed Our Stay”

Ardconnel House B&B
Ranked #8 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Set just above town and within easy walking distance, we stayed here one night.

While there seem to be a vast profusion of B and Bs in the immediate area we were very happy with our stay here and all the previous reviews were very accurate. Comfy bed, great breakfast, good wi fi, separate guest lounge, bathroom a bit small but I'm guessing they're all the same in this part of town.

FYI we ate at Cafe 1 in Castle street and its hardly worth taking your car unless its raining.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BruceFarquhar

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Thanks to Sue we got a room at the first floor thanks so much for that, all the extras in the room gives you such a luxurious feeling to be really a guest We enjoyed our breakfast very much. Thanks for all it was a pleasure to stay with you

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gerard s
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My daughter and I stayed with John & Elizabeth early October and enjoyed their wonderful hospitality, terrific accommodation and listened to their helpful advice on what to see and do around the area. We can highly recommend you stay at Ardconnel House and spend a few days having a good look around the area, sadly we didn't get to spend more than 2 nights with these wonderful people. Look forward to heading back that way as soon as I can and will hopefully take my hubby with me next time.
Thanks once again to John & Elizabeth for sharing their time and knowledge and hospitality with us. Lyn & Angela Schneider, Toowoomba, Qld, Australia.

Room Tip: Any room in this B&B would be excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyn2105
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The stay was one of the highlights of our 2-week UK trip and it was the best place we have stayed in. John, Elizabeth and Sue were absolutely wonderful. They made you feel you are in good hands and well taken care of, it was our home away from home. The ensuite room was very spacious, cozy and clean with comfortable bed and pillows. The shower was fantastic. The B&B is located on a quite street but with a less than 5-minute walk to the city centre. We loved the guest lounge which was very homely. Breakfast was always something we looked forward to even the night before, especially the smoked haddock! I would recommend Ardconnel House to everyone!

Thank you once again John, Elizabeth and Sue for making our trip to Scotland a wonderful one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IreneFish
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Comfortable room, pleasant library/sitting room, and outstanding breakfasts. Squeeky clean and tastefully decorated. Best of all are the hosts, Elizabeth and John. They go out of their way to ensure their guests are well taken care off. We definitely recommend Ardconnel House to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had a great stay in Inverness at Ardconnel House. Very helpful and friendly hosts, who gave me a great deal on a room, and were able to fit me in with little advance notice. It's in a great, central location, easy walk from the train station, but very quiet at night. Big comfy bed with ensuite facilities that were very good. Yummy breakfasts; I have to say Liz persuaded me to try the black pudding and it was a tasty surprise. John gave me a travel tip as I was checking out, that turned out to be an amazing train ride side trip to a place that wasn't on my agenda, but turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip to Scotland. I highly recommend Ardconnel House.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Clancy B
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at Ardconnel House for four nights. Nothing was too much trouble for Liz and John. Comfortable room, great breakfasts and good location close to restaurants and shops. I would recommend this B & B as a very good place to stay in Inverness.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo