“A hidden gem in Inverness!!”
Review of Heathmount Hotel

Heathmount Hotel
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in Inverness!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have to say that I really debated on whether or not to give a review about this Hotel because I wanted to make sure that I could book a room in this little gem whenever I was staying in Inverness again! The only slight criticism is the corridor carpet which has seen better days but I could not say anything even remotely negative about this hotel.
From the moment I booked this hotel with Scott the staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. The bedrooms and bathrooms were absolutely spotless and furnished to a really high standard. I ate in the Hotel restaurant with my two young daughters and although there was not a children's menu the staff bent over backwards to ensure the children had what they wanted. The food was good and the breakfast was fantastic with something for everyone - from fresh fruit to a lovely fresh cooked breakfast.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Inverness what a fantastic little place with fantastic staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Heathmount; which I see is your first review on TripAdvisor. Fiona had mentioned the stair carpet to me last week and has since called the fitter so we can now roll out the old red carpet before you return. Assuming that you can get a room!

Jonny Ross.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Heathmount .The hotel itself is immaculate,the rooms lovely and spotless .The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were lovely .nothing is too much bother .we ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night and the food was lovely.again the staff were great and very helpful with our food choices . . .we ate in the lounge bar in the Sunday evening and again all was great . Location was good .a 5 min walk to the shopping centre.The only complaint I would have about our whole stay was the noise in our room . . .no5 ,we were kept awake til 1,30am with loud music from the function in the lounge . . . .no one likes a party more than us but after being out and about all day then a nice meal in the restaurant and more drinks we were ready for bed earlier than normal but no sleep as the room was thumping with the music . . . .again on the Monday as we were packing to leave there were some American guests knocking on the room 4 ,urging them to come down for breakfast . . .well room 4 did not waken but I think they woke everyone else .no fault of the hotels for that off course. .overall a lovely stay but very noisy when there are functions on and you've had a busy day .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are extremely sorry that you were unable to sleep due to the music played at the private function in our public bar area. We occasionally host private functions and try to advise guests of these bookings when taking enquiries for rooms 4 and 5, although this clearly did not happen in your case. On a plus, it is good to hear that you enjoyed your meals in both the restaurant and lounge bar. We hope to welcome you back to the Heathmount in the future.

runcorn
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent dining area my wife and I ate there three nights running.we were greeted by Jonny who's manners were impeccable as were the rest of the staff. The food was cooked to perfection and well presented..if you want to dine at reasonable prices in Inverness this is the place to go.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind review. I enjoyed chatting with you both about your walking trips on the nights when you dined with us during your time in Inverness. You can tell me all about your walk around Loch Ness when you return (please don't forget to bring me that bottle of home brewed beer you promised).

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Last Sunday 5th May I stayed one night in the Heathmount as part of a business trip to the Highlands.
The hotal came recommended to me by a colleague. The quality in general was excellent. The decor was of a high standard, the food was delicious, for breakfast I had smoked haddock with two poached eggs that were done to perfection. The room had black out curtains and an excellet quality huge bed. I got the impression that alot of investment has gone into this place and the rates reflect real value for money.
As part of my job I am constantly travelling throughout the UK & Europe so its easy to get used to hotels and the standards. It was nice to see this family run hotel delivering such quality and attention to service. The staff that I met were very pleasant and sincere. It will be the first place I check for availability when I return.
Steve Delaney
North Wales

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 which was excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for your kind review. At the Heathmount we take great pride in the service which we offer and it is so nice to know that it is appreciated.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at The Heathmount Hotel last week and found the staff and owner to be very friendly. I was made welcome on arrival and offered fresh de-caf coffee in my room! The room was exquisite with very fine personal touches that made the stay even more special. My breakfast was served by a very friendly lady who took time to chat and ensure my porridge was just how i liked it! I would highly recommend the Heathmount to sole travellers ( as I was) and families alike. A real treat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I understand that you are a regular guest and look forward to meeting you again on your return.

brentwood essex
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Heathmount is a small hotel above a lively bar and restaurant within walking distance of Inverness town center. The room we stayed in was decorated in a contemporary elegant style maintaining a homely feel with a bathroom fitting a 5 star hotel. The service from check in on wards was friendly and efficient and the breakfast was the best we had in our stay across Scotland, the extra touches like freshly ground good quality coffee in the room made the Heathmount stand out. Would highly recommend for anyone who wishes to explore Inverness and the Highlands.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heath99, General Manager at Heathmount Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. We are delighted that you appreciated the service offered. A good cup of freshly ground coffee is just what you need to set you up for a day of touring around the Inverness area!

home
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here, and we are very happy that we did, the atmosphere was fantastic, the staff were polite and courteous.
The room was cracking!, next time we'll be visiting without the kids......
We only had the breakfast at the hotel, it is highly recommended, The hotel is situated in a fairly central location, easy access to the shops and town centre, 4-5 minutes away.
There were Dvd's available for the kids, the toiletries in the rooms were abundant and the coffee was very palatable too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We pride ourselves in the quality and cleanliness of our rooms. Fortunately for you there are eight rooms which give you seven more reasons to plan a return trip.