“Lovely B&B”
Review of Logan Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Logan Cottage B&B
Ranked #142 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at Logan Cottage for 4 days between Christmas and New Year. The cottage is in a great location, about a 10-15 minute stroll from Inverness City centre. The accommodation has two bedrooms, one is en-suite with shower only (no bath), and the other has a large bathroom downstairs with shower and bath.

The bedrooms themselves are a reasonable size, not over large but in keeping with the overall size of the cottage itself. Each had a small TV with DVD, and a selection of tea/coffee and biscuits as well as whisky on the first night.

There is a reasonably large sitting room downstairs, with large screen TV, DVD and VCR (with large selection of films available both downstairs and in the bedrooms). There are 2 sofas for relaxing. As there were 4 of us, we had the cottage to ourselves which was great as we could all relax in the sitting room together,

Also downstairs is the breakfast room. Breakfast itself is ordered the night before, and was always very good with a selection of cereals, hot breakfast, toast, tea and coffee.

Nancy Logan was an excellent host, always ready to give an insight into the area and things to do.

There are numerous places to eat in the city itself, the closest place to the cottage itself was a hotel/restaurant a few minutes around the corner. There is also a Co-Op supermarket 4-5 minutes walk away, and there is also a takeaway there serving fish and chips, pizzas etc (although you are not allowed to eat in the bedrooms or living room, not sure if it’s OK to have a takeaway in the breakfast room).

A few minutes walk away there is also a leisure centre with water park and skating rink

This B&B is first class, again Nancy was a perfect host. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank Andy123Northampton

Reviewed December 22, 2007

What can I say, from the moment Nancy opened the front door we were made to feel at home. The B&B is spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and tastefully decorated. There is a welcoming tray of tea/coffee, biscuits and a dram of whiskey if so inclined. In addition to the bedrooms and breakfast room there is a communal lounge room with large TV and gas fire. My party had the entire cottage to ourselves so we were completely spoiled.

Breakfast was a real treat. We liked nothing better than to chat with Nancy about the local area before we started our day. Her information is up-to-date and delivered with a friendly and sincere smile. The food is fresh daily, offering a good variety for those with varying dietary requirements. At night we would walk into the town centre for our evening meal; about 5 -10 minutes depending on how fast you wish to stroll along the river Ness. I would highly recommend the Columba Hotel for a good, reasonably priced meal (hint: eat in the bar as opposed to the restaurant).

We hired a car from Inverness airport and found the B&B without any hassle (there's ample parking). During the day we travelled as far as Huntley castle (heading towards Aberdeen); the Isle of Skye and in an around the Loch. Everything was within easy reach.

I can't thank Nancy and husband Richard enough for their warm hospitality. My party were most impressed and I shall certainly return.

Thanks for a memorable short break Nancy.

Erica (Queensland, AUSTRALIA)

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2007

My Wife and I and a Friend recently wanted to take a week long trip in Scotland. Part of our trip took us to the city of Inverness in the Highlands of Scotland. During our stay in Inverness we stayed at a wonderful B&B called Logan Cottage run by Nancy Logan. The B&B was real close to the center of town and offered us a wonderful vantage point to all the highland locations we wanted to visit. Nancy was wonderful to talk with and offered wonderful insight into the history of the area and offered a colorful perspective to the local area. The B&B was comfortable and quaint. The beds were comfortable and each room offered a small TV. The B&B offered free wireless internet access which was an important requirement for our trip.

I want to say THANK YOU to Nancy and her family for making our trip to the Highlands a memorable one.

(Lang may yer lum reek) Live long and healthy

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trvlrz
Reviewed October 6, 2007

My wife and I just returned from staying two nights at Logan B&B in Inverness and I highly recommend it to anyone! It was like a home away from home.
Upon arrival, we parked our car in the private parking area and were welcomed into our beautiful room. Nancy gave us the rundown on the cottage, and she went out of her way to ensure that we had everything to make our stay the most enjoyable in Scotland. There are lots of maps and pamphlets available to help plan your days, and with Nancy's vast knowledge of the area, we didn't miss any of the highlights or little secrets of the area!
And did I mention the breakfasts? They will keep you going the entire day!
I highly recommend this to anyone staying in Inverness. It is within easy walking distance to the city centre or the locks for cruises. With the hospitality shown to us by Nancy and her husband, I couldn't imagine a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelling_Canadians
Reviewed October 4, 2007

We stayed two nights at Logan Cottage in September. We were greeted by Nancy and shown our room. She provided several suggestions of things to see and do in Inverness. The cottage is located within walking distance (10-15 minutes) to many of the shops and restaurants as well as the Jacobite dock for the Loch Ness cruises.

Our room was clean and the bathroom was very large, compared to all of the baths at the five other B&B's we stayed at during our vacation. We were provided a small decanter of whisky in the room and a small fridge stocked with water and fresh milk. Nancy serves a cooked breakfast in the morning. You select your breakfast choices the evening before. Everything we had for breakfast was good.

Nancy certainly takes an interest in what you have planned each day and is a great source of information for directions and suggestions. There is parking available on the street as well as a few spaces in a small car park alongside the cottage. Logan Cottage was a nice place to stay while visiting Inverness. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AWMTWW
Reviewed October 4, 2007

We just returned from our first visit to Logan Cottage and I wish we could have stayed for a month instead of only one night! We rented the cottage with another couple so the two bedrooms were perfect.

Our hostess Nancy Logan anticipated our every need with lotions, soaps, even a little dram of whisky by our bedside at night. The cottage itself was immaculately clean and absolutely enchanting! Nancy has exquisite decorating taste and you could tell that everything was top drawer. One of the best features were the luxurious bathrooms! One of them had a huge tub and I enjoyed my first bubble bath of the trip--one of the best I've ever had! Loved the living room/lounge area too.

Truly an enchanting "dollhouse" and an experience I'd love to repeat! Next time I'll consider staying in Inverness most of the week and taking trains to our other destinations.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank termede
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Two friends and I visited Logan's Cottage for two nights recently. Since I used TripAdvisor in my research for the trip, I was expecting excellence. And we got it!! Nancy Logan and her family welcomed us like a loving family would. The Cottage is perfect. The three of us had a real slumber party since we had the two upstairs bedrooms all to ourselves. The beds were so comfortable and attention paid to every detail. The mini-fridge was a great idea, and we appreciated the milk for our tea and coffee. Everything was immaculately clean, and what big bathrooms, a pleasant change from some of the other places we stayed. As perfect as the cottage is, it was Nancy's personality and zest for hostessing that we talked about the most. Nancy obviously loves to meet people and take good care of them. The breakfasts were perfect, and the array of fresh fruit available was so nice. Nancy's family was fun, and we loved meeting her little grandson. To sum it up, Nancy is the best representative of Scottish hospitality. Our trip was wonderful, and our stay at Logan's Cottage was most memorable. We all want to go back next year.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends