“Fantastic”
Review of King's Highway

King's Highway
Ranked #46 of 234 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here 18 months ago with friends and the rooms were a disgrace.up for one night for golf trip and only hotel left so had to book it.the hotel has had a total re fit and is lovley would highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in September: check in was a bit of a hassle, rang the bell and waited for 5 minutes, with no answer I went next door to the pub (same hotel) to ask about checking in but before I got to the bar a woman who seemed a little harassed came and got me, she seemed annoyed that I'd left reception but was polite enough afterwards.
The room was nicely decorated, much better than I had expected and I have to say I was overjoyed at the prospect of having a bath... We got rid of ours years ago and it's a rare luxury these days!
The room was clean and had everything I needed- plenty of tea and coffee facilities and more tv channels than most hotels have; the bed was comfortable and everything was clean and well cared for- for what I paid I wasn't expecting much so was pleasantly surprised.
Food is available at the wetherspoons pub next door (7am-11pm I think) though there are plenty of great places locally also).
My only complaint with the room was that both street noise and foot traffic in the corridor were fairly high and from upstairs a small portion of un-carpeted floor combined with my upstairs neighbours high heels made for a fairly poor nights sleep; every time it quietened enough for me to drop off, something else would happen to wake me. This ain't really something the hotel can sort unless the next round of renovations result in better window insulation, the hotel is on a fairly busy street so it's likely to have some noise- and I think it's unlikely that people regularly clatter about in heels at 2 in the morning- my bad luck on this occasion I think. My advice- for a good quality, low price room book here- but bring your earplugs!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a night.
Lovely comfy bed,tea,coffee making facilities,great shower.
Close to main shopping street and night life but we did not hear any noise during the night.

Staff not very friendly however when we checked in and out did not really make conversation with us as to how or stay was etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Nice room not large but good for a few nights. Coffee and tea making facilities always a bonus. Terrific shower. Bed very comfortable. Hootananny's across the road a must for everyone. Very central. Would stay again.

Room Tip: we were at the back away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Its close to all the amenities of Inverness and the Weatherspoons down stairs is ideal for a cheap drink or food. My room was very warm but the staff quickly resolved this my helping open the painted window and the supply of a fan. Not the cheapest room but not bad for inverness. would stay again.
John Cavanagh 7/10 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Pros: Comfortable bed
Very clean - excellent shower
Quiet
Great location, two minutes from bus and rail stations
Great to have a Wetherspoons next door, for easy, cheap, good breakfast

Cons: None. I'd thought it might be noisy, but it wasn't.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and was very pleased. Hotel is very convenient right in centre of Inverness.Very close to bus / railway stations. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable and roomy. The Hotel is part of the Wotherspoon Group so we had expected it to be a bit busy and noisy.Did get a bit busy but found no problem being too noisy. Some very good offers with meals which we thoroughly enjoyed.Would certainly recommend and would definitely use again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends