The room was really nice & the overall look and feel of the hotel and pub was nice.
The place (mainly the pub side) was still having a refit but even though they seemed to be working 24 hours a day didn't disturb my sleep.
There are two doors which you need to swipe your room card to enter, one from the street to reception and the other from the pub directly to the lift/stairs to rooms bypassing reception. These were generally left unlocked even when there was no-one at reception (I presumed to allow the workmen access).
However, upon returning to room on first night and placing card in slot to activate lights, we were shocked to see a man lying asleep on our bed !
The night receptionist came and checked all our room cards to find that this other mans cards did not activate our room door.
In his drunken state he had gone to the wrong floor and, because his card obviously didn't work, went to a member of staff who let him into our room without even checking his card !!
The receptionist couldn't apologise enough and said a full investigation would be done.
Apart from this one incident, we really enjoyed our stay and would have considered this and other Wetherspoon hotels again.
But 2 weeks after this we still haven't heard a thing from Wetherspoons, even from the direct complaint I sent to them after returning home, so can't add their response about it to this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 27 room JD Wetherspoon Hotel based right in the middle of Inverness city centre. Attached is our JD Wetherspoon pub which has been in the last five Good Beer Guides. Cask Marque accredited with excellent value award-winning range of food and drinks served in the bar from 7am daily (alcohol from 11am) with food served until 11pm 7 nights. The hotel had a major refurbishment as at April 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your King's Highway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Highway Hotel Inverness
- King's Highway Inverness, Scotland