All reviews millburn road thyme restaurant adjacent restaurant meal deal usual standard inverness centre busy road plenty of parking main road a great nights sleep budget hotel night's sleep weekend break very pleasant stay comfortable room business trip stayed here for one night
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I spent the night there last night for a business appointment today . I use Premier Inns extensively and this hotel is one of the better ones , but unfortunately due to work going on at the mo there isn’t a great deal of car parking . The rooms were in very good condition and the sleep was usual premier inn standard (great) the attached restaurant wasn’t great , and will do a separate report on it ( the Thyme) food wasn’t great and on the morning they said that I either had to have ‘full continental’ or ‘full Scottish breakfast’ when all I wanted was cereal and a coffee

Room tip: Good hotel but think of eating somewhere else
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Hello,
Thank you very much for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road.
I can only apologise for the situation with our parking at the moment. As you have mentioned, we have construction works going on outside the hotel at the moment so the amount of parking bays has been reduced. Unfortunately, the access to the parking area right outside the reception is blocked off. But there are still more parking spaces than the number of rooms in the hotel, they are just a little bit further.
I am glad to hear you liked your room and had a good sleep. In regards to breakfast, as you have mentioned, there are only two options available across Premier Inns - continental and full premier breakfasts. Although, we try our best to accommodate our guests' needs as much as we can, and, I believe, we have done the same on this occasion.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Reviewed July 30, 2018

No view, based on construction site with all the noises and dirt (obviously not advertised), no air con (temperature over night was beyond 26 degrees) awful badly cooked food (raw chicken served still pink) outrages customer services (when you approach them with a problem they stand straight in defending position and do nothing to resolve the matter) etc etc etc and all that for a price of Ritz hotel. Overall Disgrace

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road.
I am very upset to hear all the negative feedback regarding our hotel. The extension works have started in the beginning of July and the information has been put onto our website well in advance to inform everyone who is making a booking directly through premierinn.com. Every guest who made the booking before the information was on the website has received an email from us in regards to that. If the booking was made through an agency, they would have received the email as well and it would have been their responsibility to inform their clients. I can only apologise that you have not been informed about the extension works in advance.
Unfortunately, we do not have air conditioning system in the hotel as you have mentioned but we try to do our best to accommodate guests' requests and provide fans and sheets in every room for the hotter days and heaters for the colder ones.
I am sorry to hear that your chicken dinner was served still pink and possibly undercooked. Unfortunately, mix ups and mistakes do happen, and we would have been more than happy to make another meal for you or take it off the bill if this was brought up to our attention. I will pass your comments to the kitchen team to avoid this happening in the future.
I am also very surprised to hear about the unsatisfactory customer service provided. I apologise that we were unhelpful, and will address this with the team.
If you would like to discuss this further, please, email us on invernesscentre.pti@whitbread.com
I am hoping you will give us another chance in the future despite the problems you have experienced during your recent stay with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

We were traveling from the States so we were unfamiliar with Premier Inn. We were very happy with our stay & would definitely stay here again if we ever are fortunate to go to Inverness again. It was located a little out of downtown but we appreciated the quiet. Our room was very nice & comfortable. We paid for the full English breakfast & were very happy with it. It is served over at their connecting Thyme Restaurant & actually wished we would have realized it was there before we had gone out to dinner. The staff at both the hotel & the restaurant were very friendly. Because we were on a road trip we appreciated the free parking lot

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hello,
Thank you very much for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road!
We are very happy to hear that you were happy with your stay, found our hotel quiet and comfortable, and also enjoyed our Premier Breakfast. The team will be pleased to hear they met your expectations and came across as very friendly.
We are hoping to welcome you again once you are back to Inverness.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We have stayed at this location before in Inverness, it is handy for parking and walking into town. We stayed overnight with our granddaughter and received an excellent welcome. The room in the Premier Inn was as always, clean and comfortable. The onsite restaurant however needs to up its game, the food here is average at best. We booked for dinner and our granddaughter, although 9, eats a large fish and chips as it is her favourite. It was advertised as 'fresh' haddock and chips. Fresh it was not, frozen it most definitely was and it wasn't even haddock it was cod with a layer of potato in batter. Admittedly the restaurant manager apologised and said they were having issues with their supplier but you don't advertise one thing and serve another. We weren't charged for that meal and I would say our meals were just ok. Mine came with 'patatas bravas', one of my favourite type of potatoes, they were boiled potatoes with a small amount of a tomato based sauce poured over them. Must do better!!

2  Thank wendyian

Hello,
Thank you very much for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road.
We are delighted to hear that you have received an excellent welcome, and found our hotel clean and comfortable.
However, I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of the meals and fish in particular served in our adjoining restaurant. I see that the manager on shift apologised and explained the situation, and tried to solve the issue on the spot. I have to apologise for this and I will make sure that your comments get passed on to the kitchen team.
I am hoping this will not put you off staying with us again, and you will give our restaurant another chance next time you are here.