“plane exterior but great staff”

Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Close to inverness city centre on a busy road, this hotel to does not stand out. I have passed it by many times but great have been missing out! Good car parking at adjoining restaurant if required, REALLY friendly staff, very clean rooms etc. and a good, cheap restaurant available on site. Will definately use again now I have been there. The staff even got us into the restaurant at zero notice on Valentine's night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a whistle stop visit for a family funeral. From the moment I booked to checking out I couldn't fault a thing. Check in time is 2pm so I called to ask if I could check in early as I arrived at 11am and needed to get ready for the funeral, this was no issue at all. When I arrived the gentleman behind the counter couldn't apologise enough that they were in the middle of having new beds and wifi so there would be some noise but only because I was early. I had a lovely meal at the restaurant, a fantastic nights sleep followed by a wonderful breakfast. My room was clean and comfortable and every member of staff polite and friendly. I'll definitely be using this hotel again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kr0bb0
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and son for 2 nights in mid February 2014. The room we had on the ground floor of the main building was extremely clean and well maintained. The décor was clean and fresh and the bathroom looked as if it had been recently updated. The hotel is around a 10 minute walk into the city centre which for us was ideal as there were plenty of parking spaces at the hotel to leave the car. My only minor comment would be that I thought the room was a little on the small side for 3 people, it was basically a double room with an extra bed added. I have never stayed in a family room with Premier Inn before so this may be standard but I have stayed in family rooms with other hotel chains and I found them more spacious.

We also ate in the Thyme restaurant one evening, the food was excellent as was the service from the 2 staff who were working that night, they could not have been more helpful or friendly. We will certainly return to this hotel the next time we are heading to Inverness.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here on our wedding anniversary. I told the receptionist this when I asked her to book us a table in the restaurant before we arrived. On arrival there was an anniversary card in our room and some chocolates. What a lovely personal touch. The room was comfortable, clean and peaceful. We stayed for 2 nights and I wish we could have stayed for longer. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and I would also recommend this. The food was delicious and the staff were attentive and professional. Excellent service all round - when can I come back?!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed overnight on Saturday past.The hotel was ideal for our needs being within walking distance of the town centre .The free car parking was also a huge plus.The hotel itself has great character and is a pleasant building in its own right.Our only contact with a member of staff was when checking in which went smoothly.Our bedroom was very typical of a Premier Inn and was well appointed ,offering all of the facilities one would expect.We will certainly use the hotel in future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bart_Inverness, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and I am glad the fact we have a massive free car park was also helpful. It definitely makes a difference, especially in Inverness where there isn’t any free car parks around. After all, if you want to explore the City Centre it is only 10-15 minutes’ walk from the hotel.

It is also nice to hear your check in went smoothly and you didn't require any help throughout your stay; however please remember we have someone in the reception 24 hours per day if you need anything at all in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay in Inverness.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The building has character compared to other premier inns we have stayed at.

Plenty of free car parking at the front, and greeted by friendly staff. Our room was a good size with a nice big TV.

All clean, and we kept.

Attached restaurant was also pretty good for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

I am glad you had a good stay and I appreciate the comment about the hotel's character. There is definitely something unique about this place, it used be an actual distillery after all.

My Team & I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We came here for a meal and we have been here before as it is a favourite of my partner. There is plenty of choice of food and it is tasty although of course not fine dining. The staff are friendly and the décor is very nice, it looked as though it had just been decorated. We both had a 3 course meal with a drink and I would say that the value was good as well (£50). Not huge portions, but not tiny either. I was happy but my partner would have liked a choice of more than an 8oz steak. However it was cooked exactly how he asked for it which was good. Puddings were yummy. We would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bart_Inverness, General Manager at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Janine, thank you for taking the time to complete your review.

I am very glad you had a great evening meal at the Thyme restaurant. You are absolutely correct regarding the décor; it has just been refurbished in September 2013.

I will make sure all comments are passed onto to Dean & front of house team as well as Piotr & his kitchen team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Please give us a call prior to your next visit, I would really appreciate a few minutes of your time to hear a bit more about your past visits & to listen to any suggestions you have for us going forward. We could also speak over a cup of coffee or one of our delicious puddings if you prefer.