Living in the Highlands for 25 years I drive past this Premier Inn at least once a month, but this time I had to stay overnight between trains. It's 0.7 of a mile from station & city centre, I walked from the station and back again in the morning with 10 kilo camera kit rucksack and roller case, so if I can manage it at 70 most others should be able too.
It is slightly strange layout as the main entrance and huge car park is in front of the adjacent restaurant. There is a small parking area, with disabled places, between the two separate buildings that make up the Premier Inn itself with the reception being near the road but at furthest point from where you would drive in.
The receptionist was extremely efficient and friendly, my room was in the other block just across the small car park. It does have security doors to get into both ground and upper floor which was where my room 51 was situated.
The room was absolutely excellent, far better than many high priced hotels I have stayed in not just in UK but worldwide, it would put many to shame! It was beautifully clean and well decorated, the fitments were as new. There was good storage and desk space, with tea & coffee making facilities. The number of power points was more and better placed than any room I can recall, along with the best large flat screen television too ! The room was quiet and comfortable.
The double bed, chairs, and decorations were first class, with good lighting too. The bathroom was bright and well equipped with stylish fittings, a decent length bath with shower too. There is an additional very smart lighted mirror in the room and opposite the bathroom door. Perhaps my only gripe would be that internet is only free for 30 minutes, but as I also use a dongle there was a very good signal available. The view from the window is to a wooded bank, but hard to see much in the dark.
I had an evening meal and breakfast in the adjacent restaurant, which were both excellent, along with friendly and efficient staff.
Excellent room, good value, I would stay there again when the opportunity arises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn Inverness Centre is conveniently located on Millburn Road, the main road as you enter the centre of Inverness. All bedrooms have en-suite with both bath and shower, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers and freeview on 40" wall-mounted plasma TVs. Our windows have also been replaced so, despite being close to the road, traffic noise is barely noticeable within the hotel. We also offer free wi-fi with the option to purchase 5x faster ultimate connection at £5 for 24hrs. This is available to purchase at reception and online and can be used across 3 different devices for the 24hr period. Our restaurant and bar is open for breakfast, and dinner and offers a wide selection of food. We are also open to non-hotel residents. Interestingly the restaurant and bar is a listed building as it was one of the last remaining distilleries to operate in Inverness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel Inverness
- Inverness Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel Scotland