Just back home after a one night stay in Inverness. Having tried one of the new Premier Inn's in Inverness just 2 months earlier, we got a good deal on this one so decided to check it out.
Receptionist was very helpful, booking us a taxi and getting us extra towels with no hesitation. The room was usual Premier Inn standard - clean, spacious and value for money. Shower was really good and no issues with hot water etc. Only niggly thing was our room (#7 on ground floor of the main building) was in full view of the parking area at the front of the hotel, meaning curtains had to be closed if you wanted privacy. Big bonus, a big 37" TV in the room. I've never seen this in hotels costing 3 times the price never mind a Premier Inn, and working out great for watching the Scottish Cup final :-)
Parking at the hotel was fine and we ate at the Restaurant next door. Service was perfect and there was a good meal deal (2 for £10). The haddock I had was very watery and a bit of a let down, and looking at the menu drinks prices were extortionate. My partner did enjoy hers and the starters were fine. If you go for the meal deal and aren't looking for anything too fancy I'd say it was ok, otherwise there are plenty of nice places to eat in the city centre. Taxi was only around £5 each way and it's around a 15 minute walk into the city centre I'd estimate.
Overall one of the good Premier Inn's and I'd definately stay here again.
Pro's: Staff, decent location, big TV, clean and spacious
Con's: Food in restaurant could be better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Inn Inverness Centre is conveniently located on Millburn Road, the main road as you enter the centre of Inverness. All bedrooms have en-suite with both bath and shower, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers and freeview on 40" wall-mounted plasma TVs. Our windows have also been replaced so, despite being close to the road, traffic noise is barely noticeable within the hotel. We also offer free wi-fi with the option to purchase 5x faster ultimate connection at £5 for 24hrs. This is available to purchase at reception and online and can be used across 3 different devices for the 24hr period. Our restaurant and bar is open for breakfast, and dinner and offers a wide selection of food. We are also open to non-hotel residents. Interestingly the restaurant and bar is a listed building as it was one of the last remaining distilleries to operate in Inverness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel Inverness
- Inverness Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel Scotland